Respected Contributor

Q is still putting small items in large boxes?

Most places are trying to save on shipping containers and using more appropriate ones. Yesterday I received two mascaras each in a box, in a bubble bag placed inside a box large enough for a shoe box! I really hope this was just a  one time miss and oversight.

Such a waste of materials, trash and time. My mail carrier had to hand the box to me that could  have easily fit in my mailbox. I hope more concern is used in shipping to save in many ways.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Q is still putting small items in large boxes?

Just be happy you got your item.  

Honored Contributor

@Gorgf    Please reassess your priorities and find something more productive to worry about

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I know a few years back Amazon put pressure on its Prime vendors to  supply everything in quantities and sizes that would fit into the packaging sizes they wanted to use.  I don't order Amazon so I have no real idea whether they actually went that route but if it helped at all to limit cardboard waste, I'm all for it.

Respected Contributor

@Gorgf  One thing you can do is check and see if your community has a recycling place or drop-off for cardboard. My DH plays a big role in our community's recycling program and a huge part of it is cardboard. He goes around to all the businesses in town that put their cardboard waste in totes (and there's an unbelievable amount of it)  and picks them up and takes to center where all the cardboard is baled and sent elsewhere to be recycled into new cardboard.  It's a good thing as it means a LOT of cardboard is staying out of our landfills.

Esteemed Contributor

@Gorgf   I get your concern. We have a good recycling program in our town so I am able to dispose of my cardboard easily.  Got myself a good box cutter and easily cut them down to place in my recycle bin.  

@KKJ  I commend your DH for his efforts

Honored Contributor

@Gorgf 

I'm not sure who you mean when you say 'Most Places'

I also order from Wally and Amz and ALWAYS receive a WAY too large box for the small item rattling around inside.

At least Wally, uses packing material to cushion it....while Amz just CHUCKS it in a BIG box w/ nothing.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Gorgf    Please reassess your priorities and find something more productive to worry about

How dare you tell someone to reassess their priorities and find something else to worry about. This is what the OP chose to worry about and it is her right to do so.

Esteemed Contributor

This has happened to  me also from the Q and other online companies.  One thing I had heard on the news though is that like everything else, companies are having trouble getting the  different size boxes they need for shipping.

Honored Contributor

Last week I got Curtis Stone's lid rest sent in a box large enough to hold an air fryer.  DH notices size.  Big box?  It must be expensive.  Little plastic envelope with a fabulous piece of jewelry?  He totally ignores them.