Honored Contributor

Re: Proof That It’s Time to Re-Think Your Pricing

It dawned on me this weeend that the Jockey factory was in Kenosha, not Oshkosh.  Got my "sh" cities confused.  

Frequent Contributor

I agree.  Their prices on clothing have risen tremendously since I first started watching over 30 years ago,  In an interview on TV Joan Rivers once said that the vendors get half and the Q gets the other half of the selling price. 

For instance Denim and Co and Susan Graver’s prices for ordinary tops are outrageous.  Who wants to spend  $50 to $60 on everyday tops that you may wear to the grocery store or out for lunch or everyday errands.    Everything she sells is now over $50.  If it is  a top  for a special occasion I can see it being more expensive.  

I now buy some very trendy tops from Amazon for less than half of what I may spend on QVC and free shipping and returns.

Valued Contributor

I disagree! When Big stores have a big sale it's for a week & if you use the store credit card you get rewards or spendable cash to use on a future purchase. I do shop sales & for awhile I thought QVC had unique items. Not anymore. Go to some nice stores & see the quality & how much items are similar to QVC items. Even TJ Maxx, Home Goods, Marshall's & Big Lots have almost identical items. If easy pay is the only way to afford to shop rethink what you really need. With all the s & h prices I think you will be able to save more money. 

Regular Contributor

I think Walmart has an undeserved reputation for their clothing.  They can have really nice quality stuff even better than the shopping channels at a much much better price.  I have items for years and years that still look nice.  

Regular Contributor

I do order things when they first come up because I'm afraid my size may sell out, which in many cases it does. However, I truly hat seeing something I haven't even been able to wear yet, and it's already marked down. I'm taking within 2-3 weeks. I'm in CA, and it takes at least 10 days, if not longer, to get an item. Not always because some come from SoCal, but those aren't many
Honored Contributor

@Bjobrit wrote:
I do order things when they first come up because I'm afraid my size may sell out, which in many cases it does. However, I truly hat seeing something I haven't even been able to wear yet, and it's already marked down. I'm taking within 2-3 weeks. I'm in CA, and it takes at least 10 days, if not longer, to get an item. Not always because some come from SoCal, but those aren't many

@Bjobrit 

QVC will make a sale price adjustment for any item that goes lower in price for 30 days from when you placed your order.

always call C/S and ask for it!

Not all companies do that (Amazon for one...grrr) but QVC will.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Home Goods, and Ross are CLOSE OUT stores.  That means they buy their inventory cheaper at the end of the buying cycle.  Hence they can charge less.  My theory is QVC is recognizing most people buy at a "sale" price.  Therefore, they start high so they have plenty of room to start discounting.

Valued Contributor

I  was watching the today show a few weeks ago & they had a segment on how TJ Maxx & others actually have items made for them with designer labels in them. It was interesting. They even showed where to look on the tag & the information was there! I never knew that. That's not all their clothes but some of their clothing.