Trusted Contributor

Is there any way that when QVC list the shows in the Program Guide they could also mention who will be hosting the show? They mention the host on some shows but it would be nice to have that knowledge for all shows.

Respected Contributor

Re: Program Guide

[ Edited ]

The online program guide, daily and weekly versions, both provide the program hosts for all live programming for the next six weeks, however some glitches occur. Make sure you are viewing the Program Guide in Eastern Time. The print version Program Guide does not have room to provide program hosts.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I believe the guides stopped listing hosts' names because of possible stalking.

Trusted Contributor

I am in Ohio so I am Eastern Time Zone. I use the QVC app downloaded on my Amazon Fire. It only list the Program Guide one way. I did pull up QVC's website and saw what you were talking about. If QVC wants us to download their app they need to provide the same information on the app as the website. I downloaded the app for easier access to QVC. If I have to pull up their website on the Internet for certain information it defeats the purpose.

Respected Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

I believe the guides stopped listing hosts' names because of possible stalking.

That was in 2002. QVC.com listed the hosts' names on the online program guide from 1996 to 2001 until Lisa Robertson and Pat were stalked. Which made little sense, as QVC continued to have Lisa host PM Style and prime time shows regularly until 2014. QVC resumed putting hosts' names on the online program guide in July 2018, as discussed in this thread.

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

I am in Ohio so I am Eastern Time Zone. I use the QVC app downloaded on my Amazon Fire. It only list the Program Guide one way. I did pull up QVC's website and saw what you were talking about. If QVC wants us to download their app they need to provide the same information on the app as the website. I downloaded the app for easier access to QVC. If I have to pull up their website on the Internet for certain information it defeats the purpose.

I'm sorry, I didn't consider the existance of the app at all. I find it most useful to check the program guide on Sunday nights when it is released up to six weeks in advance and to post any news it reveals here on the forums. I tried it on a phone once and it worked the same. I agree that QVC should have the same program guide on the app.

Trusted Contributor

The App is horrid on so many levels.

Trusted Contributor

@banned again  ......No apology needed. I should have been a little clearer in my suggestion. I didn't even think the app might be different. Appreciate any assistance offered. Thank you!