Trusted Contributor

I'd like to recommend a product that QVC should sell.  They're called "Dry Steppers" and they are slip covers for your sneakers and shoes.  You slip them on over your shoes and they zip up and prevent your shoes from getting wet in the rain.  I think QVC customers would love these.  

Valued Contributor

I can remember my aunt had something similar in the 40s, only they were made of rubber and she called them overshoes.

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

I can remember my aunt had something similar in the 40s, only they were made of rubber and she called them overshoes.

@zitawins I remember my grandfather used to have something similar back in the day.  He called them his "Rubbers."  They would slip around the rim of the bottom of his shoes.  This product actually zips up to around your ankle.

Respected Contributor

My grandma wore these along with her plastic rain bonnet that she kept in her purse.  

Honored Contributor

Men used to wear "rubbers" not so long ago, say 30 years.  I haven't seen anyone with them in years.

Honored Contributor

What a great Christmas item this would be.  Much better than flashlights.  @TenderMercies  Great suggestion!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

They sell these on Amazon.

They are exactly what I had to wear over my shoes to walk in the snow when I  was a child.  My feet froze in them. There was no other type of snow boots back then.

Later on they were worn by elderly ladies in the rain over their shoes.  You would see them a lot in church.

i had no idea you could still get them.  They are effective, but too bitty for me. 

My DH still wears “rubbers” over his dress shoes when he has to walk in rain or muddy grass.  They fit tight and exactly over his shoes and are not noticeable.

Esteemed Contributor
Good shoes are expensive, it makes sense to protect them from road salt, water damage, stain from clay mud, etc.
QVC Social Team

wrote:

I'd like to recommend a product that QVC should sell.  They're called "Dry Steppers" and they are slip covers for your sneakers and shoes.  You slip them on over your shoes and they zip up and prevent your shoes from getting wet in the rain.  I think QVC customers would love these.  

Hi @TenderMercies - Great suggestion and I will happily pass it along to our buyers. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Product Recommendation

[ Edited ]

These are not clear like so many of the old granny rainboots we remember, but I purchased them last winter and QVC is still selling them. They are able to be folded down very small to carry with you.

http://www.qvc.com/Seal-Shoe-Portable-Shoe-Covers-w-Built-In-Carry-Pouch.product.L44758.html?sc=SRCH

I purchased them because Amazon was chock full of all the horrible reviews of the old-fashioned ones falling apart/disintegrating after a few uses. Cheaply made. The above that QVC sells is nicely made.

248D1E05-CD61-4040-B7FA-B971FC0F091A.jpeg

Life without Mexican food is no life at all