Occasional Contributor

your prices are now way too much for me can not shop on QVC I have to really want the item.  Your clothes also are so much money you are not dealing with the rich we are middle class women who love to watch you but not anymore.  Between shipping and the price we are leaving you soon. 

Respected Contributor

Yes, I’ve had to move along, too.  I am blown away at how much QVC garment prices have increased but quality seems less.

Occasional Contributor

You are so right. My friend and I were saying the same thing yesterday. The prices are so high. Who wants to pay $32 for a t- shirt plus shiipping? Denim and Co. use to be reasonable but no more. You are a billion dollar company and can't believe you need to charge these prices.

It is definitely for the rich and not for people that are retired.

Honored Contributor

Here's my theory on the rise of QVC prices.  Just a theory.

I used to sew.  I look at some of the clothes QVC sells and in my mind I can see how a pull on skirt can be made with just a few stitches with the machine (and put in an elastic waist) and zap!  It's done.  

It's so easy to make it's crazy!  They're all basically the same...The longest it would take would be to cut out a pattern (and you probably wouldn't even need that).

I'm not a great seamstress, just straight lines and that's all those clothes are.

But the reason, I believe, for the increase is also because it takes more material to make a size 1, 2, 3, 4, 5X That's just a fact.  More material means it costs QVC to have the clothes made....again, just a fact.

I wear a size XL and sometimes a size 1X.  I know the difference in the amount of material used to make a size XXSmall and so on!

QVC's big thing is they sell all clothes (not matter the size) at the same price.  Do you REALLY think QVC would absorb the cost of having the larger size garments made?  Do you really think so?

There are probably other reasons but I still think that's the main reason.  They will soon be selling even more 4 and 5X sizes. 

I think that's great!  Larger size women should be able to look as good as any other size.  They've (we've) always been limited to what we have to choose from.

Honored Contributor

My main problem with QVC’s prices is I just don’t care for the fashions.  I just sent an order to Coldwater Creek for 2 tops that were just my style. Their sizing is consistent and I will wear them  a lot so they are a good value. I also had a nice birthday credit that more than covered shipping and I appreciate things like that. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Spacrazy. @Dancing.  There are two factors that have affected the price of all clothing.  First, the increases in the price of cotton and second, the tariffs on goods imported from China.  The tariffs are like an additional sales tax being levied.  Of course transportation costs have increased so that also affects the consumer. 

I don't think quality has decreased at all.  The older pieces in my wardrobe aren't nearly as nice as what I'm receiving today.  Better fabrics, prettier prints and designs.  I can remember when there were no D&C prints.  I've never had a seam come unsewn or any kind of flaw appear on my D&C

clothing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Also wages in many places have increased and that’s what’s raising price. I have my eye on a bag from Brighton but with tax it’s $400. I just can’t do it. It’s not that I can’t afford it it just the price is just ridiculous. Not worth it, and when I asked them about the increase in prices they told me labor costs are increasing so they have to pass it on.

Esteemed Contributor

Even though I don't/will not  wear either logo or Susan Graver I think their prices are way out of line.  I sure won't pay the prices SG wants for polyester.  Even Joan Rivers is high.  

Trusted Contributor

I have shopped here from the start of QVC. I too have noticed a drop in the quality of their clothes items. My denim and co t shirts don"t even last a year, they fade and start to rip apart.    If i was paying 32.00 plus shipping cost for them, i might as well shop at amazon and buy cheap t shirts and get free shipping, not to mention very fast service. I have really cut back on buying here, i still like the good jewelry here, but just about done with buying clothes and shoes.

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

My main problem with QVC’s prices is I just don’t care for the fashions.  I just sent an order to Coldwater Creek for 2 tops that were just my style. Their sizing is consistent and I will wear them  a lot so they are a good value. I also had a nice birthday credit that more than covered shipping and I appreciate things like that. 

@QVCkitty1, I don’t know if you shopped from CC’s catalog or website.  On their website today, they were offering 40% off all sale items.  I bought two knit tops for $15 apiece and more things.  I hope everything fits!  Check it out if you haven’t already.