Respected Contributor

Always good to use facts when talking about the economy. Thank you for doing so @redstar8 .  Oh, also the Unemployment rate fell to 3.5% and Bank of America, JPMorgan,etc. reversed their recession call due to the improvement in the economy.
@redstar8 wrote:

FYI......................

The annual inflation rate in the US slowed to 3% in June of 2023, the lowest since March of 2021 and compared to 4% in May and expectations of 3.1%. The slowdown is partly due to a high base effect from last year when a surge in energy and food prices pushed the headline inflation rate to 1981-highs of 9.1%. Energy cost slumped 16.7% (vs -11.7% in May), with prices falling 36.6% for fuel oil, 26.5% for gasoline, and 18.6% for utility gas service.

Electricity prices increased by 5.4%. Also, inflation slowed for food (5.7% vs 6.7% in May) and shelter (7.8% vs 8%). Smaller price increases were also recorded for new vehicles (4.1% vs 4.7%), apparel (3.1% vs 3.5%), and transportation services (8.2% vs 10.2%). The cost of medical services was down 0.8% and prices of used cars and trucks declined 5.2%. The core inflation rate dropped to 4.8%, the lowest since October of 2021

Occasional Contributor
Yes...I hear those or similar words everything I watch. They also mention lower prices than in catalogues
Occasional Contributor
I meant every time I watch!
Honored Contributor

@AZAK wrote:

I don't know what others do but I never buy from Q without price shopping. As I've said many times, I've been able to find everything I want elsewhere for less money.

Respected Contributor

I like some of the D & C printed perfect jersey tops. Have been buying them for years. That brand used to be one of the more affordable ones, I believe. Last few years the prices have really shot up! Truthfully, I like the product so I will continue to buy them Smiley Indifferent

Regular Contributor

@redstar8 wrote:

FYI......................

The annual inflation rate in the US slowed to 3% in June of 2023, the lowest since March of 2021 and compared to 4% in May and expectations of 3.1%. The slowdown is partly due to a high base effect from last year when a surge in energy and food prices pushed the headline inflation rate to 1981-highs of 9.1%. Energy cost slumped 16.7% (vs -11.7% in May), with prices falling 36.6% for fuel oil, 26.5% for gasoline, and 18.6% for utility gas service. Electricity prices increased by 5.4%. Also, inflation slowed for food (5.7% vs 6.7% in May) and shelter (7.8% vs 8%). Smaller price increases were also recorded for new vehicles (4.1% vs 4.7%), apparel (3.1% vs 3.5%), and transportation services (8.2% vs 10.2%). The cost of medical services was down 0.8% and prices of used cars and trucks declined 5.2%. The core inflation rate dropped to 4.8%, the lowest since October of 2021

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL Right.

Honored Contributor

Curious..what is quality?

Contributor

Your post here could have been written word for word by me.The quality has been going downhill for years now. And the prices!!! Denim & Co was my go to pant for YEARS. I say was because pants that I used to pay anywhere from $20 to $25 or $29  for are now in the $50 to $60 range. For jeans or capris? C'mon Q, I will not pay that much for something that is no longer in my price range and of such less quality. Christmas in July, I used to love and purchase quite a few items then. I bought 1 thing this year - for myself - but not a single gift. Prices on so many things have doubled and I know all about inflation but DOUBLE? I never watch live and rarely go online. Too many great products from the past are no more and I miss them. Lost this customer because there is no more "Q"uality or "V"alue and the "C"onvenience is waning also. 

Occasional Contributor

I agree the prices have gone way up D&C and quaker factory which I have always bought in the past.  I know clothes have gone up in stores as well but after you add taxes and shipping and return shipping QVC is getting much harder to buy more then one item at a time.

Esteemed Contributor

@nono4 wrote:

I agree the prices have gone way up D&C and quaker factory which I have always bought in the past.  I know clothes have gone up in stores as well but after you add taxes and shipping and return shipping QVC is getting much harder to buy more then one item at a time.

Agreed, but the most ridiculous pricing is LOGO!