sizing. All I read about is how unsure most people are. Some are Q

sizing and some are regular Brick and Mortar sizing. Unless you

purchase many things and send back you never know. This way

gets too expensive.

The Hosts need to spend more time detailing the clothing being

presented and spend More Time with Sizing. There should always

be different size models and always state what size each person is

wearing... Always !!.

Spend less time on Stories that don't pertain to the merchandise.

Less giggling and silliness ! Be Professional !!

Keep still when cameras come in for a close shot.When showing

smaller items, you don't need to shake the tassel on the pouch

or scrunch the bag all up to show how soft it is!

I'm trying to get a good look at it and learn as much as I can, in the

short time it's presented !! The more informed we are about an item

before purchasing the less returns will be made.

Respected Contributor

I agree about spending more time on sizing. I know I can look at the "click here" garment size chart but sometimes I'm still unsure. Confusion about sizing often holds me back from buying something. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Sizing is the issue everywhere.  I buy most of the clothing I do buy from Nordstrom.  There is absolutely no consistently there either.  Not within a particular brand and certainly not among the brands.  Even there, I'm reluctant to order online -  I know shipping both ways is free, but I still have to deal with it and I just hate it.

I'm already a hard fit and the sizing issues keep me from buying -  not from buying from QVC, just from buying.

Esteemed Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

With all the clothing sold on QVC, one of the biggest issues is with

sizing. All I read about is how unsure most people are. Some are Q

sizing and some are regular Brick and Mortar sizing. Unless you

purchase many things and send back you never know. This way

gets too expensive.

The Hosts need to spend more time detailing the clothing being

presented and spend More Time with Sizing. There should always

be different size models and always state what size each person is

wearing... Always !!.

Spend less time on Stories that don't pertain to the merchandise.

Less giggling and silliness ! Be Professional !!

Keep still when cameras come in for a close shot.When showing

smaller items, you don't need to shake the tassel on the pouch

or scrunch the bag all up to show how soft it is!

I'm trying to get a good look at it and learn as much as I can, in the

short time it's presented !! The more informed we are about an item

before purchasing the less returns will be made.

I definately agree.    Also when they are showing the clothing to show the item they are selling w/o sleeves pushed up, scarves, cardigans covering the item, but just as it would be worn before one adds accessories.....I had to order last year online for some needed clothing items and i ordered a few times from Nordstroms...the one thing i liked about that company is that most of the clothing i viewed  would state at the size selection whether a item ran small...whether you should size up or down and it saved me the return of the items i purchased.

And their recommendations were correct.

Valued Contributor

Not giving sizing happened about 5 yrs. ago thanks to Jayne Brown. When  QVC started out all companies had to make to QVC sizing.  Then companies like LC started to cut to their own sizing.  Now every company cuts to their own sizing.  Now we have a mess.  I don't order any clothing any more from QVC.  Isn't worth the extra trouble.

Respected Contributor

The majority of the hosts are too busy Being cute and entertaining us or telling us their most personal details about themselves and their families to actually give us USEFUL information about the products.

Occasional Contributor

I completely agree with this review. Too much silliness, too much chatter and giddiness. If I hear one more reference to "monied", Madison Ave, and lunching in the Hamptons I am going to scream. Sell to everyone. Someone sitting at home trying to raise a family with one or two paychecks, isn't going to relate to the Hamptons, or Madison Avenue. Stop with status crapola.News Flash..............That is about 85% of your viewing audience.Too much time handling the items and shifting them around. Kind of like watching a shell game. Why so much distraction? If the familiarity of the show hosts is an attempt to connect with their audiences, it is not working. It is just breeding contempt for the lack of respect for your viewing audiences intellegence.Stop underestimating your viewing audience. We are a lot smarter than you a giving us credit for.

Super Contributor

Yesterday I saw David Dangle bring caviar onto the set. He said he heard Jayne and Pat say it was their favorite.  Another example of hosts showing how different their lives have become since earning a lot of money, and forgetting the QVC customers probably aren't in the same bracket.  Another example of Madison Ave et al!!

Esteemed Contributor

They're telling less and less details every day on clothing> Where does the waist fall? What's the rise? What's the inseam? What's the fit, relaxed? What's the fabric? 

The hosts must think their job is to tell you the colors and how many are sold. Then spend the rest of the time talking about themselves, their families and each other. 

And then, they have the nerve to tell you to log on to qvc.com to find out the details. Geez, what a cushy job they have.