Esteemed Contributor

There are times when the "adults" are having a great discussion, respecting others opinions and some one joins and takes it off the rails with negativity or getting personal.  Would it be possible to delete their post and let others continue?  Thank You

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Poofed Threads

[ Edited ]

Whenever a poster violates community guidelines, their posts are removed by a moderator. I admire them, because it would be tough for me to have to filter some of these threads. I learn a lot from the lively, respectful ones you mentioned; and even some of the less than respectful ones.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

@mspatmac  Good comment.  There always seems to be someone who gets negative and personal and their thread should be deleted not the whole discussion which other posters are enjoying.

Esteemed Contributor

It's the same issue that has been occurring for years here and  will never change.  There are a small number of posters who, if they don't like what you post, will attack you personally.  Not the idea or concept or thought, but you as an individual.

Fortunately, there aren't that many.

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac 

Sometimes, that's exactly what happens.  I've seen many threads where just individual posts are removed and others can continue to post.

Then there are other times that the posters continue to violate the guidelines and the entire thread ends up going.

Respected Contributor

When I see certain thread topics, I know there is going to be a deliberate take-down. As sure as night follows day.

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac  - I so agree with you!  I've asked before - why does the entire thread have to go away instead of just the individuals posts??   Maybe it's easier for the moderator to just hit one key and get rid of the entire thing instead of individually removing the offenders?  Then I've seen the entire thread vanish with no explanation.  I thought the rules state when something disappears, an explanation will always be given?  Aggravating!