Trusted Contributor

Re: Polyester....rayon...spandex....

There is nothin like a 100% cotton tee in summer or 100% long sleeve cotton tee on a cool spring or fall day. So soft and cozy.  I agree Q is stuck in a rut on a alot of clothing issues. Same vendors, same old designs and fabrics. 

Q wise up, there are tons of people that love the natural fabrics.And customes, if you launder appropriately, cotton does not shrink or grow.

Honored Contributor

I only wear 100% natural fabric.  I have no problems finding it.  I buy my Tees from Lands End and Christopher Banks.

Natural cotton has a natural give and doesn’t need plastic polyester or spandex.

i wash mine in cold water and put them on a hanger to dry.  They last for years without stretching, shrinking or fading.  If you have cotton tees, you can use bleach on them and they stay white.

Polyester turns yellow and holds oily stains.  It is not a good value at all and must be replaced often because it goes from new to a scrub rag in one season or less.

Super Contributor

Susan Graver's liquid knit i.e. polyester - "lasts for years & years.Will always hold the saturated color & shape. Won't pill like some fabrics will". If you get some spaghetti sauce or make-up on it, just use water and it will go away". 

What else do you want in fabric ladiesSmiley Happy)))))) 

Honored Contributor

Not to mention that polyester remains do not disintegrate and are also now being found polluting our oceans and being ingested, to their detriment, by creatures that live in the sea.

I do love the Pima items.  The feel of Pima cotton is wonderful.  

Maybe QVC isn't the right venue for this, but I'd also love to see more options of clothing made with organically-grown cotton.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

The d&c tops that are 95/5 feel like rubber especially when it is in our Texas heat. Can't wear them at all. Years ago, they sold a specific boatneck top in a set of 2.... it had a smaller amt of spandex in it and was very comfortable. Much higher quality back then.
Honored Contributor

I prefer a 50% cotton 50% poly for t shirts.NO SPANDEX. You don't need spandex to make knitted fabric have a little stretch.

Honored Contributor

Would love to see the  search options include fabric content instead of the trademarked names like liquid knit. Adding all rayon, all cotton, poly/cotton,  etc would really be helpful. Even a spandex-free option would help some customers.