Valued Contributor

Polyester....rayon...spandex....

I like cotton or mostly cotton and it is getting very hard to search fashion items with large cotton content.  I would appreciate a "cotton corner" hour from various lines on QVC or maybe a search option for cotton.

Honored Contributor

Re: Polyester....rayon...spandex....

I love rich cotton also but some of the configurations sold here are very odd to the touch. I don't understand the 95/5 in denim & co, if you've ever felt this fabric, it is very rubbery. I cannot buy this nor wear it.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with you whole heartedly! Why not make more cotton rich tops? I don't like (nor need) the spandex. It gives a rubbery feeling to the top. I shop for tops less and less on the Q now because of it.

Valued Contributor

I love your suggestion, @Gabidog.

The problem is QVC buyers don't seem to know what cotton fabrics are supposed to feel like.  I have no trouble finding mostly cotton shirts elsewhere, even cotton blended with spandex, that feel like cotton and do not shrink. I find better fabrics at Walmart at  1/4 the cost of QVC...admittedly the prints and styling aren't great.  The point being these fabrics exist at reasonable cost. Cotton blends don't need to feel rubbery or like neoprene.

Super Contributor

@PINKdogWOODwrote:

I love rich cotton also but some of the configurations sold here are very odd to the touch. I don't understand the 95/5 in denim & co, if you've ever felt this fabric, it is very rubbery. I cannot buy this nor wear it.

Totally agree. Used to buy lots of tops from QVC, but no longer. Bring back good old cotton!

Honored Contributor

I can find more cotton tops and bottoms at Lands End...and they have promotion codes most of the time.  Right now there is a 25% off code on their website.  If you sign up for emails and purchase on occasion, they'll always send you emails for a little more off than the website shows. I particularly love the 40% off codes.   These promos make their products more reasonbly priced.

Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOODwrote:

Boy....do I agree ........I had to donate mine. I didn't like the feel and the tops made me sweaty in Summer...

Esteemed Contributor

The hosts and vendors need to be honest and truthful in describing what actually the FABRIC is. They talk about this miracle fabric they discovered. Or, it's a micro fabric. What in blazes is it? If it's polyester have the honesty to call it what it is!

Contributor

I agree, please use more cotton and at 100%. I try not to get anything else because it feels horrible on my skin.

Esteemed Contributor

I dislike liquid knit and all the other "knits" that are just plain old polyester.