Contributor

Please stop the hosts from interrupting the Designer to give updates....

I tuned in to see Jason Wu be interrupted several times by Kortney to tell the audience how many Bateau Neck T-shirts were sold and how many were left and order now. JUST TOO RUDE. Just tuned in to Isaac and here Shawn goes with interupping him with the same schepeal. Again, it's really rude and not a necessary part of the show. Say it once or twice. Everyone that's watching can see the bottom of the screen and the colors that lets one know if the color/size is getting limited. It's really annoying and I've turned the channel.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Please stop the hosts from interrupting the Designer to give updates....

The producers tell the hosts when and what to say.  Their statistics show more sales if they say certain things, so that's what they do.

Rude or not, it is what sells that they are after. 

Honored Contributor

He's on with Shawn now and all he does is praise and talk about his mother.  

Honored Contributor

I have watched the Q for a long time and this is a complaint that pops up often on this forum and the complaint valid.  The hosts are rude and obnoxious for the most part and they interrupt with the same tiresome worn out selling points and phrases, information and words.  As posted they are doing what they are told to do in order to sell items.  

I stopped watching and do the majority of my shopping on the Q site.  In fact I have cut down on that too.  Sometimes I do watch a show or two that I enjoy like Valerie's shows.  But I am tired of the Q format and choose not to watch as a result. Plus, never did a host influence me to buy no matter what they said. 

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner It's too bad they are not more concerned with getting what they sell shipped out in a timely manner. Waiting a month for something not on the waitlist is rude!

Honored Contributor

is why I like the vendor hosted shows on Q2 

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

The producers tell the hosts when and what to say.  Their statistics show more sales if they say certain things, so that's what they do.

Rude or not, it is what sells that they are after. 

Yes, the hosts are being told through their earpiece what to say, to hold the piece up again and what color to show again. 

I went on the QVC Studio tour a few times and the All Access tour one time.  Behind the scenes, the sales are being monitored by the sales staff/producers.  There are monitors for them to look at that show graphs of the sales in real time.  If sales spike when a particular color is shown, the host is told to show that color again.  

It is all very calculated and measured to increase sales. 

It is interesting to see what goes on behind the scene. 

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Honored Contributor

I saw a few minutes of that show and turned it off - and it wasn't because Courtney was rude to the designer. 

Respected Contributor

I totally agree with the OP and I hate the constant interrupting with the numbers sold updates, etc.  All the hosts do it though and don't see it changing.  Frankly I don't see why they even bother having vendors on as they hardly let them get a word in about their products.

Contributor

@KKJ Exactly the point I was trying to make! If they are gonna shoot the numbers and colors out there, can't they wait a second and let the designer finish their sentence? That constant harping on how many have been sold sound SO desperate. They need to spend more time showing the item and describing that. WHO CARES about how many have been sold? I'd like to know how many have BEEN RETURNED!