Occasional Contributor

Please show items on models more.

Several times lately I have gone to watch a presentation on line, only to have host and guest hold up the item. It was never modeled. I can look at the item and not waste my time with watching the presentation. If nothing else, the host or guest can have the item on. Shoes seems to be the worst. Unless Jane is presenting them. Then she puts them on. 
Models are important! At least have a picture of the item on a model. Thanks! 

Super Contributor

Re: Please show items on models more.

I second this suggestion. Seeing the clothing on the models was helpful to me. I like to see the item on a model to see how it's styled and how the garment moves.   I also miss the days when the different clothing shows were started off with a "fashion show". Bring back the fun in fashion!

Super Contributor

I agree! I look at the models who have my height & body type to get an idea how the clothing would look on me. We can't try them on like at a store, so we need some sort of guidance.

Super Contributor

I agree & worse when they don't even have samples & just show you the pictures on the computer. Really?

Trusted Contributor

Even when they do have live models in studio, the camera is only on them for about 5 seconds.  I think it takes the models longer to put the clothing item on and come out on stage than they are shown on air!  Are the models just paid by each second they are on camera?  Must be....would make sense if this was the case.

They are also pretty stingy with the close up shots of the fabric, seams, etc.  

Esteemed Contributor

I think it's another cost cutting measure.  They don't have to pay so many models and just let the host "model".  I would rather see the models, too, as they used to, but don't think that is going to happen.

Honored Contributor

When they do have models (the pre-recorded ones) they do so much dancing in a circle its very hard to even see what the article looks like.  I have a problem with the dancing prancing toe to toe demo's.

If there is something I am interested in I look it up online.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Valued Contributor

Yes, it's time to bring back more models various sizes and let them each model each item.  Just hearing hosts half-way sometimes at best talk about sizing doesn't cut it - we need more good size information and visuals rather than where and how to wear the items - we can easily figure that out on our own!

Esteemed Contributor

To piggy back off your suggestion. I do not care for the room where they have the models showing the outfit in a room and spinning around like a a darn topper. You can barely look at the item before they are turning again, and again, and again. I am sure they are just doing what they have been instructed to do, so please QVC stop having them spin while modeling the outfits.

Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

When they do have models (the pre-recorded ones) they do so much dancing in a circle its very hard to even see what the article looks like.  I have a problem with the dancing prancing toe to toe demo's.

If there is something I am interested in I look it up online.

@Imaoldhippie 

I wrote the exact same complaint before seeing that you had already written about that darn spinning.