Honored Contributor

Re: Please no zooming in when hosts eat and smack with mouths open

The way some of them eat and carry on, you'd think they're experiencing a more carnal activity. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Styleovertrend wrote:

I don’t watch people in restaurants eating.I’m usually focused in on the people I’m with. These food shows focus in on the hots and other putting food in their mouth, talking with their mouths open and making sounds while they are chewing. That is not appetizing.

@Styleovertrend  Absolutely agree w/you.  We can see them eating.....we don't need a zoom in w/all the ridiculous, over zealous, exaggerated reactions.

Trusted Contributor

@Patriot3 Agree.  David is another that overdoes it.  I know many like his dance but to me it looks ridiculous.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

@Styleovertrend wrote:

I don’t watch people in restaurants eating.I’m usually focused in on the people I’m with. These food shows focus in on the hots and other putting food in their mouth, talking with their mouths open and making sounds while they are chewing. That is not appetizing.

@Styleovertrend  Absolutely agree w/you.  We can see them eating.....we don't need a zoom in w/all the ridiculous, over zealous, exaggerated reactions.

--------------

I totally agree.  I turn off the food shows when Rachel is hosting. But Antonella and David are overdoing the 'yum,yum in your face look" too!!

Esteemed Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

The way some of them eat and carry on, you'd think they're experiencing a more carnal activity. 

@GenXmuse  You said, in a tactful way, what I was thinking. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

@GenXmuse  You said, in a tactful way, what I was thinking. Smiley Happy

@GenXmuse @Patriot3 

I too was thinking the same thing and you said it perfectly

Honored Contributor

Hosts are doing what they've been told to do....and what the producer is saying in their ear.   

Esteemed Contributor

I absolutely do not believe that a producer would be telling them to make faces and make noises while eating.

I believe that they do that on their own as part of their acting performance.

Honored Contributor

Sharon Faetsch was the queen of those suggestive eating close-ups.  Along with her food soliloquies, her expressions were legendary.  I think some of the hosts think if Sharon had that gig for so long, she must have been successful, so they copy it.

Not all the hosts eat that way.  Jill Bauer (fmr), Mary Beth, Leah, Jayne Brown -- all manage to eat with enthusiasm without overdoing it for the camera. 

But who are the permanent gourmet food hosts?  Alberti & Rachel; so the Q wants over-gushing and in-your-face food ecstasy.

Super Contributor

I don't mind the eating at all...it's all the eye rolls, happy dances and ridiculous descriptions some of the hosts use to lure you into buying.  When they start describing the texture, flavor undertones, melt in your mouth factor, subtle this, subtle that...OMG...who does that in real life LOL!!