Valued Contributor

Please mention sizing during presentations

It's so helpful when deciding to purchase if the host shares the various sizes worn by the models.  All the items do not have "garment measurements," and for viewers who know that a typical model wears say a large or medium in other brands, it then helps to be able to compare how the different brands fit.

Also, too, if not familiar with the various models, the viewer may still resonate with one of them.  It's helpful knowing the model's size in the garment.

Please remind the hosts to mention the sizing of clothes worn by the models.  Often presentations are lengthy, but with little to no mention of the various sizes.  I do find it influences whether I feel comfortable making a purchase, and it helps decrease the needs for returns/exhanges.

Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Please mention sizing during presentations

[ Edited ]

@Julie_23 wrote:

It's so helpful when deciding to purchase if the host shares the various sizes worn by the models.  All the items do not have "garment measurements," and for viewers who know that a typical model wears say a large or medium in other brands, it then helps to be able to compare how the different brands fit.

Also, too, if not familiar with the various models, the viewer may still resonate with one of them.  It's helpful knowing the model's size in the garment.

Please remind the hosts to mention the sizing of clothes worn by the models.  Often presentations are lengthy, but with little to no mention of the various sizes.  I do find it influences whether I feel comfortable making a purchase, and it helps decrease the needs for returns/exhanges.

Thank you.

@Julie_23 

Another thing:  PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE try to put hosts and models in appropriate sizes.  Hosts will say something to the effect "I wear a size XXS and this is an XXS and it fits perfectly, when anyone with eyes can see it is 2 sizes too small."  That is not helpful.  We know it does not fit. 

We can see that, so are we to judge all fashion by that, thinking they are all true to size and we order our normal size and find on arrival it is far too small, or do we just think "well, it's obvious that is 2 sizes too small, so I will go up 2 sizes," only to find when we receive it, that it is far too big for us, that the model was exaggerating her fit.  This might eliminate a lot of returns if we had fashion that fits the models and the hosts, instead of sending one-size-fits-all out for everybody, regardless of the sizes worn by those participants.

Surely there are various sizes sent to the show, as there are various colors.  It might be that you get an XXS and XS in red, M in Blue, L in Yellow, XL in Green and one for the plus sizes in Black.  Usually the largest model has on a very tight-fitting bright yellow or red where the tiniest of all will be wearing black.  This is so misleading.

Trusted Contributor

agree, but sizing only works if they put everyone in their proper size!!!
Honored Contributor

They mention it ALL the time !

I see posts where people complain they do it too much!

Amy gets picked on for it....

Trusted Contributor

I totally agree @Julie_23 . I only purchase an item after thoroughly watching the video. I primarily determine my size by the Garment Measurements as well as reviews but I do like when a host states what size they are wearing. My size is more comparable to many hosts than the models.

Some hosts are great at that but others seem to ignore what size models are wearing. 

Respected Contributor

Yeah, agree, this annoys me often. The host or vendor  reviews colors 5 times, which we can clearly see anyway, but most times never discuss the sizes the host and/ or models are wearing! Grrrrrrr- 

Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Yeah, agree, this annoys me often. The host or vendor  reviews colors 5 times, which we can clearly see anyway, but most times never discuss the sizes the host and/ or models are wearing! Grrrrrrr- 

Actually, I have been VERY disappointed with them showing colors!

They rarely pull them completely off the rack, and I get to look at a sleeve only!!!!

Some of them do....PJD, MBR...(who both will hold 30 diff D&C Colors)...but watched last night and Courtney never does.

Neither does Rachael....they just pull the sleeve out a little bit, like they are afraid of messing up the hangers!!

Was interested in the TSV coat in that rust version.  All hosts and models were wearing the same colors.

No one had on the rust NOR the white in this show.  Would have liked to see them.

Had I REALLY wanted to buy the coat, I woulda got up and cranked up my laptop....by then, lost interest.

Valued Contributor

I agree with you!  

It's especially annoying when so much time is spent telling me where I can where it or dress it up or down and I'm waiting to hear the details of the item.  Sometimes they'll have a box by each model giving the size they are wearing.  Seems they mainly do that for TSVs, but it's helpful.

I still always check the garment specifications,  but it's nice to get a visual of a particular size on the model.  

New Contributor

I would like to see more Petite sizing especially in coats, I have been looking at all the winter coats you have and Ive seen several I would be interested in if you had them in Petite sizes.   HOping for petites soon. 

Trusted Contributor

I like it when Carolyn Gracie is wearing a D&Co garment and she says she is wearing her usual size large.  Well, if it looks like she is wearing the wrong size and looks "stuffed"  into it, then I know that the sizing is running small.