Honored Contributor

Please create a clear, simple system (perhaps a forum/blog) for reporting technical website issues on QVC.com

Please create a forum or blog dedicated to reports of QVC.com website problems, with regular interaction by IT staff. The ongoing technical issues are frustrating for customers, aren’t the greatest public relations, make it harder to IT staff to understand and correct problems, and reportedly are causing QVC to lose sales.

There’s no single point-of-report and no acknowledgment of reports.

We’re using at least 6 different avenues: Posting threads at random in all the various Community forums; using the Feedback feature; using the Customer Service link; calling the regular Customer Service number; calling the Technical Support number; sending email messages to your customer service addresses (and there are several of those addresses).

Suggestions:

1 -- Establish one place/method of reporting these problems, preferably a blog or forum easily seen by all (don’t hide it away, allow it to show up when we choose “Forums” or “View All Categories”).

2 -- Offer customers a standard report format, to be sure you know what’s happening, when it began, what device they’re using, which browser, specific software versions, etc.

3 -- Respond to the reports on a regular basis so your customers know someone is paying attention.

I hope other posters will add to these suggestions or provide other comments.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

Re: Please create a clear, simple system (perhaps a forum/blog) for reporting technical website issues on QVC.com

QVC Tech Support:

Some Q website users see a message that states "waiting for d.monitate. net to load" With IE, the message appears as "waiting for long-running script"

I took a glace at the Q website source code for one example thread (using IE)

using find/replace "monetate":

line 85:

And this is not been Ctrl C Ctrl P within the "<" and ">" brackets because it will not show online when posted

!-- Begin Monetate tag v6. Place at start of document head. DO NOT ALTER. --

Could this be the reason for the lag time in loading pages?

Honored Contributor

Re: Please create a clear, simple system (perhaps a forum/blog) for reporting technical website issues on QVC.com

The very small feedback link at the top of the page is supposed to be our way to alert them. I suspect they know how dysfunctional things are, but yes, it would be nice if they actually USED this very website to communicate with CUSTOMERS that they know there are problems and are working on them. Sadly they rarely acknowledge glitches and, it seems, are even more rarely able to timely correct them...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 3/14/2014 moonstone dunes said:

QVC Tech Support:

Some Q website users see a message that states "waiting for d.monitate. net to load" With IE, the message appears as "waiting for long-running script"

I took a glace at the Q website source code for one example thread (using IE)

using find/replace "monetate":

line 85:

And this is not been Ctrl C Ctrl P within the "<" and ">" brackets because it will not show online when posted

!-- Begin Monetate tag v6. Place at start of document head. DO NOT ALTER. --

Could this be the reason for the lag time in loading pages?

moonstone dunes (pretty nickname!), That very well could be part of the problem and I've noticed several of us have reported it. However, to my knowledge, none of us received any response.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

On 3/14/2014 stevieb said:

The very small feedback link at the top of the page is supposed to be our way to alert them. I suspect they know how dysfunctional things are, but yes, it would be nice if they actually USED this very website to communicate with CUSTOMERS that they know there are problems and are working on them. Sadly they rarely acknowledge glitches and, it seems, are even more rarely able to timely correct them...

Hi, stevieb! What I don't like about the Feedback link is the inability to request a reply via email. That's why I use the "Customer Service" in the upper right corner of this page (choose "Click here to send us an email," then "Using QVC.com, and be sure to click "Yes" for "Would you like a reply"). Although in the past I received canned responses, recently they've sent messages showing they actually read the report and we were able to have a dialogue.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. The lack of communication is more than frustrating and it's puzzling to see such a large corporation do business this way.

Honored Contributor

Still wonky, but that's sort of standard. Once they louse things up, it often takes days or even weeks for them to resolve problems, sometimes even longer.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Re: Please create a clear, simple system (perhaps a forum/blog) for reporting technical website issu

[ Edited ]

MODERATORS:

I did a search  and posters keep asking for this. Revisit this idea.

Please???