Honored Contributor

Please Put Order Statements In With Orders MORE CAREFULLY

Today I opened an outer QVC plastic shipping bag   with an item of clothing in it. Stuck  to the clear plastic bag inside - the one containing my clothing item -was my order  invoice/statement.  I could not "un-adhere" the statement from the plastic bag without tearing the statement in several places.  Thus, if I need to return the item for any reason, I will either have to print out a new statement from online or just write all the relevant information on a piece of paper and scotch tape it to the item.  The return shipping label was ruined too of course, but I don't use those, and they also can be printed out from my order statuts online.  (Why should I have to use up my printer paper and ink to do this because someone at QVC is so darn sloppy?)

Sadly this is not the first time it's happened and is beginning to be the norm.  Two other clothing items arrived with the statement stuck to the inner plastic bag within the past month.  And if the statement isn't stuck to the bag, then it's oftentimes all crumpled up with part of the labels peeling off it, as if someone had thrown it it with reckless disregard for both the piece of paper and the customer who would like to read/keep it..

WHY are these invoice statement put into the bag so darn sloppily?  The one I received today is completely useless to me.  I pay shipping AND HANDLING - would someone please handle/pack these invoice statements more carefully into the bag?  Perhaps it's all automated but something needs to be done about this.  Had this item been sent to someone as a gift - what a sloppy first impression someone would have.  I've gotten so many now I'm used to the sloppiness but really, there's no excuse for sending me an invoice I have to try to peel off the inner plastic bag and and really not very succesful at doing that without destroying the invoice.

QVC - change this please.

Honored Contributor

Re: Please Put Order Statements In With Orders MORE CAREFULLY

I get clothing a couple times a week and never had this happen.   If it did,  it wouldn't unhinged me. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Seriously?  You actually stress over this?  I can only imagine the reaction to a real crisis.

Honored Contributor

I see @Pearlee's point.

I have ordered from some catalogs lately and in each of those orders not only was the invoice documentation laid neatly into the package, but included were discount coupons plus another catalog with the discount offer repeated.  

So, while maybe it's not an earth-shaking problem to have stuck-on invoices, there is no reason a company cannot be more careful in all its aspects.

After all, there are no small parts, only small actors.  This applies to all jobs.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

I get clothing a couple times a week and never had this happen.   If it did,  it wouldn't unhinged me. 

Nor does it unhinge me.  This is the Suggestion forum and, since I pay for shipping and handling, I am making a suggestion.   What is your problem with that?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KYToby wrote:

Seriously?  You actually stress over this?  I can only imagine the reaction to a real crisis.

No, I actually do not stress over this.  This is the Suggestion forum where I am making a suggestion to QVC since someone is being slipshod about doing a job right.  Since you are such a great defender of QVC's, I would think you would want all employees to be doing their jobs properly.

By the way, @KYToby, I expected yours to be the first response to my post  -- you disappointed.  You were late this time. 

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

I see @Pearlee's point.

I have ordered from some catalogs lately and in each of those orders not only was the invoice documentation laid neatly into the package, but included were discount coupons plus another catalog with the discount offer repeated.  

So, while maybe it's not an earth-shaking problem to have stuck-on invoices, there is no reason a company cannot be more careful in all its aspects.

After all, there are no small parts, only small actors.  This applies to all jobs.

Exactly @GingerPeach.   Most of my QVC purchases are LOGO clothing which - as we know - isn't cheap.  I'm not happy about spending $80 on something only to not for all practical purposes have an invoice/statement about it in case I need to return it or for whatever reason, because it got stuck to the back and I have to peel it off in pieces before opening my garment bag. And your point is well taken - no other business I transact with that sends me items does this with my receipts.  None.  Just QVC.