Respected Contributor

Re: Please No Bare Shoulders! QVC is not the beach or a Club.

I too agree with the OP completely. I hate to mention names, but I think we all know who I am referring to. When either she bends over or sits on the "couch" and crosses her legs, sometimes you can almost see into next week. What happened to class and profesionalism? I guess it's a view for all to see now. No thanks. Other hosts on other channels usually sit behind a table or something if they are wearing offf the shoulder dresses or tops.

Frequent Contributor

I agree with the OP. They should dress more professionally. Also, the men look like they are working out of a warehouse. We went to a department store last week and the salesman looked so professional in suit. QVC has really dropped the ball on this. 

Respected Contributor

I agree with OP.  SK and KL seem to dress way too casually for a professional sales job.  I'm not saying they have to wear a turtleneck and long skirts, but there's got to be a middle ground,   I don't have a problem with people wearing strapless sundresses, but do it on your own time.  When you're on the air, you represent your company. LOL, these two don't even wear QVC clothing even when that's what they're presenting.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

For crying out loud.  Stop  acting like a bunch of prudish school marms.

What the hosts wear, by and large, would atually be considered appropriate in most buinesses these days.  For those who still feel that we should dress as if we were still in the Victorian era, change the channel.

Sheesh!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately for some, we live in the 21st century, not the 19th.

Fortunately, I doubt that more than a small handful of QVC customers feel as the OP does, and her "complaint" will be given the attention it deserves from corporate.

And if the post should just *happen* to be referencing Kerstin the other night I thought she looked fabulous in her simple, understated dress. Very attractive. Perfectly attired.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I don't care what hosts wear.  What is acceptable to one person may not be to another.  Why should Q hosts live by the OP's personal tastes?  It galls me how some people think they have the right to demand that others do, or live, a certain way.

Honored Contributor

As long as no t & a are showing, 

Esteemed Contributor

It is like anything else. If they lose money because viewers leave and stop shopping with them. We would see the working attire change. Who knows what goes on. Maybe the viewership and shopping has increased. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shawnie wrote:

It is a place of business coming into our homes,  Some propriety is in order in my opinion.  Club or beach wear is over the top for me.  I dont see this kind of attire on your sister channel.  

Oh, you must be talking about Colleen Lopez, the much revered HSN veteran, who very often wears cold shoulder and off-the-shoulder tops.....and some of the tackiest looking outfits I've ever seen on a more mature woman.

While QVC is a business, they are in the business of "coming into our homes" as our friends....  like the kind of friends you'd meet for a cup of coffee, or go shopping, or go to the beach or picnic with.  And they work very hard at being friendly and luring viewers into the "buy."  That is what I see as the big difference between QVC as a business and other businesses out there in the world.  Also, you have television as the mode of communication.  There is more entertainment value associated with a tv business.  It is looser and more familiar with its customers as it is intended to be.

They are not forcing themselves into your home.  You allow them to come into your home, so I guess you know the obvious solution if it bothers you that much.  You could also express your opinion to Corporate QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

Shawn had some black low cut strapless thing on the other night..thought she had on a bathing suit for a minute. I thought it looked unprofessional but I'm not her boss so whatever.  If she feels comfortable in that kind of dress on air fine for her,some wouldn't.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth