Honored Contributor

Re: Please No Bare Shoulders! QVC is not the beach or a Club.

@SaRina wrote:

I don't get the thong objection.  We called these rubber shower/beach slippers thongs when I was a young child and that was a long time ago, way before thong bathing suits came to be.  Is this obscene?

Image result for rubber thongs images

Of course it's obscene!  You can see naked toes, when you're wearing those thongs!  Woman Surprised

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@skuggles wrote:

Hey .. a very attractive ~55 year old walked indto my gym today wearing short shorts and a tank top over a hot pink bikini. She used the eliptical for about 5 minutes, then proceeded to the work out area. She did something for a few minutes, then took off the tank . So now she's wearing her string bikini top over her well surgically endowed chest. Doing barbell deadlifts surrounded by mirrors on 3 sides, she exercises for about ten more minutes, puts her tank back on and leaves. On her way out, she passses the 74 year old grossly over endowed woman doing reverse incline chest presses in her skin tight plunging hot pink leotard, and her black capri spandex bottoms stretched so tight you can see her skin through them. Like a size 1x. It was a case of dueling b**b jobs.  If you spent the money on them, apparently you darn well better get them out there for show. LOL

The baring of shoulders is modest by comparison in the world we live in. A small percentage of women seem to care any more, about modesty, privacy, class, or anything else when it comes to dress. The horse is out of the barn now, and there is no getting it back. Not many give a hoot about the things that many of us were taught to value. 

I'm not sure what is more disturbing, this person's supposed outfit or your intense scrutiny of her, watching her and  other gym goers every move for the whole time they were in the gym. Kind of creepy. Perhaps just focus on your own workout instead of worrying about what others are doing? You might find it more productive.

Smiley LOL

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@SaRina wrote:

I don't get the thong objection.  We called these rubber shower/beach slippers thongs when I was a young child and that was a long time ago, way before thong bathing suits came to be.  Is this obscene?

Image result for rubber thongs images

Of course it's obscene!  You can see naked toes, when you're wearing those thongs!  Woman Surprised

We used to call these things 'flip flops' probably because of the sound your feet made when walking! 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Contributor

I can think of one particular host who likes those cold shoulder tops, I'm not saying who, because my post will get deleted. She usually does the food shows with her over the top reaction to tasting the food....

Regular Contributor

QVC's professionalism has gone way down.  Poor grammar, unprofessional host clothes, and way too personal relationships with vendors.  CEO doesn't get it apparently.

Honored Contributor

@maggi the cat wrote:

QVC's professionalism has gone way down.  Poor grammar, unprofessional host clothes, and way too personal relationships with vendors.  CEO doesn't get it apparently.

Doesn't get what? That a handful of people on the company's internet forum who most likely don't even buy from the company think it's appropriate to opine about the company's professionalism?

Most likely got it and really doesn't care.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@frenchie wrote:

I totally agree. Those two are not professional looking. They are not on the beach. I remember seeing a teller at a bank wearing a bare midriff top. I almost reported it but decided to keep my mouth shut. Newscasters wear too tight dresses and chandelier earrings are not appropriate either. You don't see men wearing golf shirts and shorts doing the news. Same thing. There should be certain dress codes for the job you're doing.

I can't imagine - with all the things in this world to be upset about - that I would ever consider reporting someone for wearing a bare midriff top.  If the bank had a problem with it, they would have done something about it.  I agree that it doesn't look professional, but I can't imagine being so offended that I would consider complaining about it. 

I would prefer that my own employees look professional at all times, but as long as the tellers in my bank provide me with the services I need, I'm happy.  We're all entitled to our opinions, but reporting something like this seems like wasted energy to me.

Respected Contributor

No need to opine, no one listens.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

Or cares

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Hmm, I am trying to think of a time I saw this! I think host and hostesses try to dress for the show they are hosting. High end jewelry shows tend to get evening gowns (many strapless and very beautiful and tasteful) while shows like Denim and Co. Are more casual. I also find they try to tease up coming items by having hostesses wear them on shows before they are offered. I can't think of any time I saw an inappropriate outfit- unflattering maybe, but never inappropriate !

Never underestimate the power of kindness.