Esteemed Contributor

Please Lock Old Threads......

that are at least a year old and haven't had any activity on them in that time.

That way trolls can't flood forums by bringing up threads that are ancient.

Why can't this be done???

Honored Contributor

Re: Please Lock Old Threads......

I agree with @Plaid Pants2, either lock older threads or just delete them.  There's one now that's been resurrected from 2010 yet newer threads/posts are deleted..  Thank you.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

I agree!

Respected Contributor

Please don't delete for the kitchen and recipe forums, if possible.  Lots of the folks on those forums look back for information.

Thanks,

aroc

Honored Contributor

@aroc34 wrote:

Please don't delete for the kitchen and recipe forums, if possible.  Lots of the folks on those forums look back for information.

Thanks,

aroc

That's why they should just be locked and not deleted.

Trusted Contributor

Sometimes it's someone brand new that doesn't know any better, but yes trolls love to resurrect threads that had arguments going in hopes it stirs up more. I agree, lock after a year or less. 

Honored Contributor

@StraytoStay wrote:

Sometimes it's someone brand new that doesn't know any better, but yes trolls love to resurrect threads that had arguments going in hopes it stirs up more. I agree, lock after a year or less. 

Trolling (in all its many forms occurring on the forums daily) is clearly not a reason to be poofed or banned, or many more threads and posts would be "Moved" than are. It just isn't a concern of QVC's.

They wait until specific posts are reported, otherwise no action is taken. As long as that's how things work (and of course the trolls are totally aware of this), nothing is going to change no matter how many times it happens or how many people suggest and complain.

Even if there was a forum software overhaul or change in a year or two, people still might not get what they want, because none of us knows what QVC wants or doesn't want.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

If resurrecting old posts is in bad form or cause for poofing, they shouldn't be available to mess with. Lock them please mods.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

This would require IT programming and hours.  If Q is like the Fortune 500 company I work for, they have a certain number of IT hours (ie: programmers and testers) available so they prioritize projects and system updates.  Thus, some things don't get done.   Having been involved in prioritizing such projects over the years, my guess is this one falls close to the bottom since it's financial impact is minimal.  

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

This would require IT programming and hours.  If Q is like the Fortune 500 company I work for, they have a certain number of IT hours (ie: programmers and testers) available so they prioritize projects and system updates.  Thus, some things don't get done.   Having been involved in prioritizing such projects over the years, my guess is this one falls close to the bottom since it's financial impact is minimal.  

That's my take on it. The effort and man-hours involved would not be worth it. QVC "listens" to consumers, and makes changes, when it affects their bottom line. If it doesn't affect sales...pfft!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all