Highlighted
Contributor

I have watched numerous garden shows this year and never does the Host or Guest talk about where the plants can and cannot flourish.  This was never a problem in the past but now it's never mentioned.  Hosts are always referring to their part of the country but you have customers in CA, AZ, TX, FL where many items will not do well.  We waste money ordering only to determine past the return date that items will not survive.  Hence we loose money that is not refundable!

Honored Contributor

@Buster56    You're correct.  Much of what they sell would shrivel up and die on June 1, when Southwest heat kicks in.  They need to give zones, that's why the USDA established them.  QVC doesn't care if the stuff dies.  They're just interested in selling. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Buster56    Much of what they sell does have a 1 year warranty but I imagine many people don't want the hassle so don't bother. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I believe like the food items, the live plants do not have to be returned for a refund.  I can understand the frustration of having something not work out because pertinent information was not shared, so I agree it would be a good addition to the presentations if planting guidance was more than "we enclose a planting guide booklet."  

Respected Contributor

I hear zones mentioned. And have seen it in the descriptions. I like knowing I'm getting the pamphlets to keep as reference.

Honored Contributor

@Buster56 wrote:

I have watched numerous garden shows this year and never does the Host or Guest talk about where the plants can and cannot flourish.  This was never a problem in the past but now it's never mentioned.  Hosts are always referring to their part of the country but you have customers in CA, AZ, TX, FL where many items will not do well.  We waste money ordering only to determine past the return date that items will not survive.  Hence we loose money that is not refundable!

There is a PDF with a growing guide that provides all that info plus more.

Honored Contributor

This is one reason why it's better to buy plants from a local garden center - they only sell plants that will do well in your area.

Honored Contributor

Re: Planting Zones

[ Edited ]

I watch the garden shows occasionally.  All perennials I have seen shown on air list the zones.  Sometimes they are not listed for annuals, but since they only last a few months, that info is not needed if you live in a zone that gets freezing weather.  They are annuals and will die after a freeze

The zones are also listed on the QVC info for perennials as well.

6B499B38-DB6E-424D-BCD8-55E3F1D986E2.jpeg