Frequent Contributor

Please stop posting reviews that are not relevant to the product!  Things like  shipping delays, (1 star reviews!) although annoying,  are not relevant to the actual review of the product.   Also please don't post reviews by those who have NOTactually  purchased the product!  

thank you.

Honored Contributor

@viewer45 wrote:

Please stop posting reviews that are not relevant to the product!  Things like  shipping delays, (1 star reviews!) although annoying,  are not relevant to the actual review of the product.   Also please don't post reviews by those who have NOTactually  purchased the product!  

thank you.

@viewer45 I could not agree more.  I have always said this.  QVC supposedly has people read and approve reviews before posting and from the looks of it they really don't.  HSN won't even let you post unless you have purchased the item.  

Esteemed Contributor

This subject is always being discussed on here.  It has been going on for years and it doesn't seem like it will change anytime soon.

Honored Contributor

I wonder if QVC is also interested in why someone didn't purchase the item, the reason they allow those reviews. 

Shipping delays that could include long processing times may be important to QVC, as well, a reason why someone won't make another purchase in the future. 

I look for reviews that apply to me, so I read through them rather than count on overall ratings.  

Respected Contributor

I agree, Q makes a big deal about their rules for posting reviews but then they post nonsense.

I was looking at a new item today - a pair of IM's crop pants and it had reviews so I looked to see and guess what the reviews are for Andrew Lessman's vitamins!

I had to laugh but really ...

Honored Contributor

I've also been seeing reviews from a promotional website where the reviewers receive incentives for their review....worthless reviews, IMO.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I agree that those reviews are worthless.  I too read through for things that matter to me instead of going by the rating.   I don't care why someone didn't purchase an item.  I thought you were supposed to review something you actually have and share opinions about an actual item.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

While I don't like those kind of reviews, it's easy to ignore them and read the ones that offer constructive information.  The system that handles reviews is automated and rarely reviewed by humans. It's not going to change and I can't control it, so I'm not going to get in a dither over it.

Respected Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@viewer45 wrote:

thank you.

@viewer45 I could not agree more.  I have always said this.  QVC supposedly has people read and approve reviews before posting and from the looks of it they really don't.  HSN won't even let you post unless you have purchased the item.  

QVC used to ask you when you are reviewing, did you purchase the item?  That's not there anymore.  How could I review an item that I didn't buy???  I know some do it because they have nothing better to do.  I always talk about the ITEM and how I liked it or not.  I know what I'm buying and I always give great reviews.  I don't buy clothing often on here, just my Wen.