Esteemed Contributor

Re: PLEASE Stop Saying Juzz Up!

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@LavernLuvsShoes It's silly. It just mean push the sleeves up.

DH and I first heard this phrase YEARS ago on Queer Eye For The Straight Guy and Carson was the one who used to say it!

Me too!

I loved that show!

Thom, Jai, Carson, Ted and Kyan!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

@LavernLuvsShoes  I agree.  I'll stick with "push up the sleeves."  The first time I ever heard it used was when SK used it.  I had no idea what it meant.  

Respected Contributor

not sure why that word bothers you,but to each his own

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@geezerette  @Love my grandkids .  Yes...this is definitely a Carson Kressley moment.  His influence was picked up by the hosts on QVC.  

Honored Contributor

@LavernLuvsShoes wrote:

I'm not sure how to even spell it, but if I hear one more host or vendor say "Juzz Up the Sleeves" I think my head will explode!!!

Petty? - Probably, but it just grates on my last nerve.

What happened to simply saying PUSH the sleeves of the shirt, top, dress, jacket, etc. up?

OK, I feel better, now that I got that off my chest. Smiley Very Happy

Totally agree...It's Petty!

With so much tragedy going on, fussing over a silly phrase does seem like a worthless complaint.

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife   I agree...I try to helpful and kind when I come here to post as I am acutely aware of the current critical nature of our country.  We all need a reprieve from the turmoil.  I share your sentiments and wishing you the best.

@RespectLife wrote:

Totally agree...It's Petty!

With so much tragedy going on, fussing over a silly phrase does seem like a worthless complaint.

Respected Contributor

Many years ago there was a hairdresser named "SAMMY" who sold his hair products on HSN. He always said JUZZ it up when styling hair. Later I heard it referenced to pushing sleeves up. I think it is to make a presentation more lively. Never gave It a second thought.

Esteemed Contributor

First time I heard it was it was spoken by Susan Graver.  Now almost all the female hosts use it.

Lisa Robertson's favorite was "pop the collar>'

Trusted Contributor

There are many terms or phrases the hosts use that drive me nuts....so I no longer watch. Problem solved.

Respected Contributor

@LavernLuvsShoes wrote:

I'm not sure how to even spell it, but if I hear one more host or vendor say "Juzz Up the Sleeves" I think my head will explode!!!

Petty? - Probably, but it just grates on my last nerve.

What happened to simply saying PUSH the sleeves of the shirt, top, dress, jacket, etc. up?

OK, I feel better, now that I got that off my chest. Smiley Very Happy

worthless , petty ? I was not aware that these forums were such a serious place for one to express thier opinions. Smiley Happy  come on.. we do not want @LavernLuvsShoes  head to explode  and I am glad she feels better now-- talk therapy ! Smiley Happy