New Contributor

I have been with QVC since day 1.  Hosts are terrific and most items are a good value.   BUT my frustration is with the so very few petites available.  When you put a tunic top on a 5`8" model it does not look the same on someone under 5`2.  No matter how the host or vendor try to sell it it looks frumpy.   I am not a designer but I do know when you are short the last look we need is have our tops come into thigh area to make our legs look shorter.  ALWAYS give the length of the item.  When I see some of the shorter models (who are usually a size small) wearing the same top as the tall model.....not always a good look.  And some hosts look absolutely frumpy....too many layers for us shorties.  Also when I go to a dept store to shop the length is the same be it medium or large.  WHY on earth are lengths different based on size????  med or large means larger size.....we are still the same height.

The positives far outweight any negative....it is more frustration.  I noticed your vendors do many 3/4 sleeve tops....terrific for us shorties.  And being able to buy nightgowns and pj's in petite....a definite plus.  Now if only......imagine a show dedicated to ONLY petites.  I think you are missing a huge market

Esteemed Contributor

At 5 feet tall I'll drink to that!

Honored Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I strongly agree and would like to know why the hesitation to offer what I'm sure would bring in more sales in women's fashion.

Esteemed Contributor

Barely over 5' here. Q does give me options for petite pants, which fit me perfectly. Depending on heels, I'm 28/29" length. I do not wear petite tops. Never have. Need shoulder and bust room that regular tops give me. Bought 'short' summer pants at Costco. They measured 31" inseam so I had to get out my sewing kit. Ugh. Not sure if mis-marked or petite is standard for Costco, but loved the summer pants so I tailored.       

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Valued Contributor

AGREE! The average height for the American woman is 5'4".  QVC: how about providing fashions for this group. I don't care what Lori G. says about her LOGO tops....they are not attractive on all heights. This is true for all designers....please be aware of your customer base and that not everyone wants long tops (unless styled as a tunic).

Occasional Contributor

I AM SOOOOO HAPPY TO SEE THIS THREAD, BECAUSE I WAS JUST GOING TO WRITE ABOUT THIS TOPIC MYSELF!  I AM 5' TALL AND ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT WEAR TUNICS!!  THEY SWALLOW ME UP!  AND I DON'T LAYER ALOT, EITHER, WHICH MEANS NO LOGO.  I UNDERSTAND THAT WOMEN WANT TO HIDE THEIR FLAWS, BUT ADDING SO MANY LAYERS AND LONG LENGTHS FOR PETITE GALS IS NOT FLATTERING ON ALOT OF US.  I ALSO DON'T WEAR LEGGINGS, BECAUSE THAT AUTOMATICALLY MEANS THAT I HAVE TO WEAR TUNICS, SO PLEASE DESIGNERS, REALIZE THAT THERE ARE ALOT OF US PETITE GALS THAT JUST WANT NORMAL LENGTH TOPS, WHICH, TO ME, MEANS COVERING MY BELLY, NOT MY HIPS AND THIGHS!

Honored Contributor

I am 5'1" and wear Petrie sizes.  I never wear tunic tops and would not even if they were sold in petite sizes.  They look like maternity wear on shorter women IMO. I feel shorter ladies look better in pants with more of our legs showing and not covered up.

Lands End and Christopher and Banks are very petite friendly and my go to stores.

Contributor

i totally agree really need shorter tops, its very frustrating