I WANT A NONSTICK PAN LIKE THE CUISINART CONTOUR HARD-ANODIZED 12 INCH PAN WITH GLASS LID/  BUT IT NEEDS TO BE  10 INCHES WITH ONE INCH HANDLES SO I CAN COOK MY FRITTATA ON THE STOVE, THEN PLACE IN THE OVEN TO FINISH COOKING.  THEN WHAT EVER IS LEFT OVER FROM LUNCH OR DINNER, I CAN PLACE IT IN THE REFRIGERATOR.  SOME OF THESE PANS TAKE UP SO MUCH ROOM IN THE REFRIGERATOR.  AND AFFORDABLE LIKE THE PAN ABOVE.  LIKE THE LIGHT COLORS, LIKE WHITE, MINT, LIGHT SAGE,  THAT'S MY SUGGESTION.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: PAN FOR COOKING A FRITTATA

Hi, @TerCom !  Welcome to the boards!

you might want to consider turning your frittata into a crustless quiche.  I just made one last night:  basic ingredients are 6 eggs, I cup milk (I used Greek yogurt diluted with water-didn't have milk), 2 Tbsp Parmesan, 1 cup shredded mozzarella, salt and pepper.  My recipe calls for 1 cup of added ingredients but I add more - last night: 3 oz ham chopped, 1/2 cup chopped scallions, 1/2 cup tomato (chopped, seeded), 2/3 cup sliced baby Bella's, rest chopped spinach.  Bake at 350F for 45 minutes until center is set.  

I used a glass pie dish sprayed with cooking spray.  Came out easy peasy and was delicious with salsa.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MJDinVegas Thanks for your post.  I have always wanted to make frittatas and never could figure out how. You make it sound so easy!

What size pie plate and how much did you dilute your greek yogurt? 

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TerCom

@cindyNC I may be wrong about this but we start the ingredients for a frittata in a skillet on the stove and cook them until almost done--potatoes, onions, bell peppers, meat of any kind, etc.  Then we pour the egg mixture over that to cover, stir gently and lift the mixture until combined, cook a little to set and finish in the oven to cook the top more and brown it some.

A quiche is egg mixture and additions mixed and most often poured into a crust then baked in the oven.  

I think a frittata is more geared toward heavy ingredients such as potatoes than a quiche.  But maybe I am wrong about that.  

Find a few recipes and get the technique then it's sort of loosey goosey and use whatever you have to make one or the other!  Have fun!  Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I grew on Frittata that my grandmother from Italy made all the time.  All she used was her cast iron skillet.  She made egg and onion ones and spinich ones.  Olive oil in her pan and flipped them over putting a plate on top and cooked the other side.

She would make my sandwiches for school and boy they were good, but greasy.  They didn't have the modern pans in those days, just an iron skillet that I still have of hers today. This was in the 40's.

Good luck and enjoy yours.

Honored Contributor

@TerCom wrote:

I WANT A NONSTICK PAN LIKE THE CUISINART CONTOUR HARD-ANODIZED 12 INCH PAN WITH GLASS LID/  BUT IT NEEDS TO BE  10 INCHES WITH ONE INCH HANDLES SO I CAN COOK MY FRITTATA ON THE STOVE, THEN PLACE IN THE OVEN TO FINISH COOKING.  THEN WHAT EVER IS LEFT OVER FROM LUNCH OR DINNER, I CAN PLACE IT IN THE REFRIGERATOR.  SOME OF THESE PANS TAKE UP SO MUCH ROOM IN THE REFRIGERATOR.  AND AFFORDABLE LIKE THE PAN ABOVE.  LIKE THE LIGHT COLORS, LIKE WHITE, MINT, LIGHT SAGE,  THAT'S MY SUGGESTION.  

I bake mine in whatever pan is available, no crust. Whatever is left over, I cut into single serve pieces and put in small individual containers in the frig. They don't take up as much room as a pan. I warm them in the microwave. 

Trusted Contributor

Hi, @cindyNC !  I use a standard glass pie plate, not exactly sure of diameter.  It was a guessing game on the dilution og Greek yogurt.  I have Chobani that has a lot of liquid and is very loose compared to ******e.  I added water until I got a milk like consistency or maybe a bit thicker.