Super Contributor

Why do you transfer pkg from ups to usps so it can just sit there. WHY NOT SHIP DIRECT FROM UPS?

Esteemed Contributor

That subject was mentioned in yesterday's WH press conference.  WH asking the same question and said they are looking into it.

UPS costing PO money to make them deliver packages.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt   Surely you and the WH don't think the USPS is not being paid to deliver packages?  @Didiville   This method of shipping is being used by most internet retailers as a money saving device and gives some business to the USPS.  I've never had a PKG fail to be delivered.  I don't want to pay $$ more for straight UPS.  Postage is sky-high as it is.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Well tracking provided from QVC says sitting at local post office. I called local post office and they have no record or package. Wherever it may be I am not paying for something I don't have. 

Regular Contributor

I also have a package from Macys sitting in the PO.  It was transferred from UPS and has been there since April 3.  I will give it another day or two before I contact Macys.

Respected Contributor
When the shipping evolution first began many years ago, thought the USPS more or less volunteered to deliver these packages at a reduced cost because they had to deliver to all addresses anyway. Well hindsight they may like to change this but seem to be boxed into it. I have observed my carrier from time to time and honestly some days he is overwhelmed because he not only has his own route but also has to fill in when other carriers have their day off. I do think the USPS has their game on with Priority Mail, anything below that needs work.

My carrier of choice for packages remains UPS.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@fthunt   Surely you and the WH don't think the USPS is not being paid to deliver packages?  @Didiville   This method of shipping is being used by most internet retailers as a money saving device and gives some business to the USPS.  I've never had a PKG fail to be delivered.  I don't want to pay $$ more for straight UPS.  Postage is sky-high as it is.

The post office is always begging for more & more money because it's not profitable.  So if you are a taxpayer, you are paying more.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 Surely.....what I know  - think - or assume is not a factor.  Just referenced what was discussed Tuesday, April 7th.on TV.

Super Contributor

As for priority mail with usps I just sent a pkg from PA to NY and it ended up in CA.  Guess I'm having no luck with po

Esteemed Contributor

Re: PACKAGE SITTING AT PO

[ Edited ]

this may be a little off topic but, I would like to know  why my DD (lives at same address as me) who doesn't really shop QVC except once in a blue moon and was in trouble over easy pay a few yrs ago (she didn't know she was using it) and got her acct closed...........gets her orders in a few days.....

I on the other hand ,have been with the Q since day 1 and before.lol  .....spends  $2,000 or more  monthly  which is paid in full the day I get the bill all these yrs, NEVER  get my order eairlier than 2/3 weeks,sometimes more!!!!

WHY IS THAT QVC?????

I have mostly stopped shopping here for that  very reason!!! ..............yayyyyyyyy!!!!