Valued Contributor

Once again...Please Please shorter presentations!

I really cannot imagine how expensive  it must be to show a 39 dollar garden hose over and over and over.I cannot believe that the TV time selling a garden hose,is worth ,boring your viewers to death.Please consider less time on your items.How much can you possibly say about a garden hose???I feel sorry for the hosts having to discuss a hose for 20 to30 minutes,over and over and over.

Honored Contributor

Re: Once again...Please Please shorter presentations!

what? You mean that you don’t need 12 hours of how to use a hose? Shocking! I so agree with you! Smiley Wink

Contributor

Agree....I always thought that if it wasn't that they were trying to hang on till the hour was up because they were on the last product--that they kept a product on because it just wasn't a strong sell so they just kept going and going awhile...

Esteemed Contributor

All of the TSV presentations are too long!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@grandma r wrote:

-----------------

And way too often!!!!

Respected Contributor

If QVC expects to attract younger customers (and maybe older ones too) I think they need to consider presenting products in a different way. To me, devoting huge blocks of time to a single item is counter productive. It just gets boring and repetitive. I feel it would make more sense to have more but brief presentations. 

After all this is the “Tweet” generation, used to getting information in snippets. 

Trusted Contributor

@grandma r wrote:

@grandma r  Maybe the powers that be think if they make the presentations long enough, repeat the same information over and over, adding some hard sell catch phrases in there, that we’ll be hypnotized into buying the stuff.😳

Esteemed Contributor

Not for me.  I change the channel.

Trusted Contributor

shorter and a lot fewer of them.  I check the program guide and since most of it is constant repetition I very seldom watch.  Of the bazillion things out there to sell, they can't do better than a garden hose or a bra??????

Trusted Contributor

I don't know about the hose, but I always thought that for many TSVs, like Sleep Number and Dyson, and major electronics, that the company bought time for their product, just like an infomercial, so that is why they are on so long.  Maybe Vitamix, too? Just a thought. And, I agree, too long and too often.