How  about selling some really good Extra Virgin Olive Oils

Respected Contributor

Not sure why.  Most areas grocery stores have great selections.  Larger cities have specific stores that carry high end oils, vinegars, and spices.  The shipping would be outrageous!  Good oils come in glass bottles. Can't imagine this would be a big seller.

Esteemed Contributor

Lots of excellent choices in local grocery stores - with no S/H.  If there are exotic ones you may be able to purchase from websites with free shipping.  Just a suggestion.

Esteemed Contributor

@DennisY wrote:

How  about selling some really good Extra Virgin Olive Oils

@DennisY .. I use California Olive Ranch Extra Virgin Olive Oil which is recommended by America's Test Kitchen.   I purchase it from my local supermarket.   I wouldn't purchase olive oil from QVC.  As @brandiwine stated.. good olive oil comes in glass bottles.  QVC's shipping would be outrageous if they did sell it.

Occasional Contributor

I would just rather buy in the store like I have done for years tho  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

how about Vidalia onions ? they have oranges

Regular Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

how about Vidalia onions ? they have oranges

Those are available in the supermarkets all the time now.  They used to be extremely seasonal, but now if they aren't available a similar variety usually is. 

Re olive oil,  IMO it's unnecessary for the Q to sell it; their markup would be ridiculous and supermarkets have a much better selection, not to mention what's available via Amazon. 

I second the California Olive Ranch brand mentioned previously. I use that frequently. 

Just google "olive oil stores near me" to find the locations of stores that carry wide selections of specialty regional oils if you want to experience the different flavors of olive oils. 

Respected Contributor

Some years ago QVC did sell olive oil.  I remember Antoinella sipping it from a wine glass.............

I guess it didn't sell too well.

Trusted Contributor

@DennisY

If you have a Whole Foods near you, or even if you have to drive a bit to get one, I highly recommend going there.  They have some amazing olive oils, one which I purchase exclusively (I think it's called Luciano). 

I would NEVER buy olive oil from Q.  Most of their so-called "gourmet" food is awful, no matter how much David gushes over it.