Frequent Contributor

If QVC can sell 128.00  Haflinger, (whoever they are), wool clogs, why can't they sell the tried and true and very popular leather Birkinstocks? 

Respected Contributor

Maybe Birkenstocks do not want their product sold on QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

I seem to remember QVC sold Birkenstock’s years and years ago. The Halflinger shoes are amazing. I have the hard sole and the soft sole ones. ❤️

Honored Contributor

@gmabee38 wrote:

If QVC can sell 128.00  Haflinger, (whoever they are), wool clogs, why can't they sell the tried and true and very popular leather Birkinstocks? 

I read something along this a while ago that Birkenstock wanted to have more control over how and where their product was sold 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Obsessed with shoes

[ Edited ]

@gmabee38  Years ago, Birkenstock did sell sandals and clogs on QVC. After a few years, Birkenstock decided to cease doing business with QVC and sell their footwear in retail established stores and on-line. Many of us took advantage of buying a lot of sandals during the years Sally Combs was the Birkenstock Representative. She was excellent and began her career in footwear with Birk's products.

I've also been wearing Haflinger clogs for many years. (Never cared for the leather or suede Birkenstock clogs, which were too heavy and clunky IMO. I do not wear socks with mine ever.) The Haflinger clogs are equally comfortable as Birkenstock's, lighter and are fabulous for cold weather footwear. I ordered another pair during their first show about 10 days ago. It was a new style for me. Most of the styles I already have in several colors. If you are a Birkenstock fan, you'll love Haflinger's, too! 

ETA: Like Birkenstock, Haflinger has a cork footbed and is made in Europe. The best footwear you'll find is made in Europe by master craftsmen with excellent products. No foam or synthetic materials. I also love Finn, another European brand. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@gmabee38 wrote:

I read something along this a while ago that Birkenstock wanted to have more control over how and where their product was sold 

@jackthebear.    They couldn't have been too picky.  They hired Sally to represent their product.  Like her or not, she was always kind of "off the wall".

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624"off the wall" works well for QVC -  no one was more "oow" than Kathy Levine was diuring her QVC years -  and she had a huge following.

Both women knew what they were hired to sell and both knew how to act to sell, but I do think it was an act.  Levine really never found an act that worked once she left QVC.  Combs seems to have landed on her feet, even though they're shod in a different brand.

Contributor

Birkenstocks are now being sold on HSN. I was surprised when I happened to catch a showing of them a couple of months ago. I don't wear them, but I know there are lots of you ladies who do. Thought I'd let you know in case some of you are not aware of this.

Trusted Contributor

@BirkiLady: I never liked the Birkenstock leather clogs for the same reasons you mentioned, & just discovered Halfinger on QVC (never heard of them before), & was wondering if they run big (someone reviewing them said she wears a size smaller in Halfinger than in other European brands). I'm kinda hoping they do, because the color I want is only available if I size down! I'm a half size, & wear a 40 in Birkenstocks.

Esteemed Contributor

@Foolywooly11

Several years ago, I got lucky and purchased many pairs of Birkenstock Clogs from 6PM dot com -- real leather, suede and faux leather. Blue, Olive Green, Forest Green, Plum, White, Flowery, etc. Paid $50/pair (regular price was $90 and up) -- and they're the most comfortable shoes ever. Not heavy at all. I also bought many pairs of Birkenstock/Betula Sandals - all different colors and designs. Originally I purchased several pairs of Birkenstock Clogs from QVC - which I'm still wearing.