Frequent Contributor

Re: OVERNIGHT RERUNS

[ Edited ]

I'm another upset night owl who watches QVC at night and in the evenings. For several nights now, the Today's Special Value hour was literally replayed for FIVE HOURS STRAIGHT from 11 p.m. Pacific (2 a.m. Eastern) to 4 a.m. Pacific (7 a.m. Eastern). That's right! The same hour replays over and over and over and over and over.

At least play other previous shows (and yes, I think the prices televised should be honored; not the disclaimer that prices may be different that what's being aired). That is the least you can do. You're going to lose this long-time customer.

Do away with QVC2.  I ain't watchin' it.

Honored Contributor

It sounds like a corporation's way of saving money....fewer staff, fewer products to show, less planning, and so on.   I worry most about employees who are losing jobs because of corporate greed. 

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree--I make most of my purchases late at night or in the early morning.  I love to watch the late night hosts and shows--now we have reruns for hours--bummer.  Fed up with QVC slow shipping, costs, and now a rerun for hours of the TSV, etc.--boring! 

Occasional Contributor

As another Night Owl, who often works late at night and multitasks by purchasing gifts on the Q, I am also wondering where the repeat airing comes from. It's like they've taken a page straight out of the HSN handbook. Come to think of it, ever since they partnered with HSN many things have gone downhill -- newish host quality, show production quality (lots of screwups lately) and even product quality.

It also seems like they're cutting down on host time to cut costs. I agree with another poster. It seems a lot of the changes are related to the bottom line. Even the 'experts' who used to pitch for one brand are now pitching for several brands. It smells of a cash crunch. 

Contributor

Cannot stand the repeating and repeating of the same thing. I used to watch when I can't sleep which is often, this is absolutely awful. Bring back the way it was and in most cases won't but TSV because sick of hearing it over and over.  I'll just watch Hallmark channel and not buy anything   

I am so dissappointed in the over night broadcasts!  I do much of my shopping then and so enjoy the variety and the hosts!  PLEASE bring back live coverage!

Valued Contributor

@kkarie wrote:

I am so dissappointed in the over night broadcasts!  I do much of my shopping then and so enjoy the variety and the hosts!  PLEASE bring back live coverage!

@kkarie  I also dislike the re-run of the TSV for 5 hours...it's completely ridiculous!! I heard that the live programming (2a-7a EST)  is supposed to resume on 11/4 or 11/5 -- I'm just hoping they actually keep it, but I guess time will tell. Just depends on how much $$ they made during this "pilot program". We shall see soon enough!

~ Hope in TN ~
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Great communication, QVC.

"I heard that the live programming (2a-7a EST)  is supposed to resume on 11/4 or 11/5."  Where can this information be found?

Esteemed Contributor

It's November 5th per The Program Guide.

Honored Contributor

For those of us who are insomniacs and rely on the Q for entertainment in the wee hours, these reruns are a problem. I can see them rerunning the TSV, but that's it.