Honored Contributor

Pat has said go head for as long as she has been a host.  Doubtful she will change now.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

lol.  I guess everyone has that "thing" that bothers them.   For me, what drives me crazy is when people pronounce height (ending with a t!), heighth.  Seriously, drives me nuts!  Happens so often, as if people aren't aware of the actual spelling.  I can't point tho to anyone on qvc who has done this  - just a general statement of something that would be no big deal to some people, but to me it's a real issue!

Respected Contributor

@Janey2 . Working for 2 different airlines in headquarters (not in the air) many employees came from different parts of the country and world.

It was lots of fun to hear different ways of speaking, one said "gone go" a shorthand of going to go.  Another in a high corporate position said "boughten" for buying something.  People from the Phillipines had trouble with their "f's" so fifty became pipty.

Not only was it fun to have different ways of speaking, you can imagine the pot lucks.  Fabulous.  

Regular Contributor

Sometimes when people speak quickly, their words are slurred or jumbled together and we may not hear all they said clearly.  Maybe she does say "ahead" but the "a" sound is soft or gets lost with the other words.

Trusted Contributor
It drives me crazy "azz well". Lol.
Trusted Contributor

Also not important but she constantly apologizes..

Honored Contributor

I agree.  It's a strange way to say "go ahead."

Honored Contributor

What do you expect?  She comes from a region where people (lots of people) routinely "go down the shore".

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Janey2 :  I have mentioned this before, so, for what it's worth, it's important to me. 

We all have that teacher that lives in our head, and for me, that would be Mrs. Pate, my ULTRA strict English/ Speech teacher. 

She's the one who is famous for saying right before the "at" when someone dared utter, where is Jack at? 

Life just went a lot smoother for you when you got that concept down! Woman Very Happy

Valued Contributor

@jackiejenny wrote:

... She's the one who is famous for saying right before the "at" when someone dared utter, where is Jack at? 

Ohhh, that's one of my "Grammar Pet Peeves" but as the thread title states: "It's Not Important" Smiley LOL