Respected Contributor

Someone please tell Pat it is "go ahead" not "go head". She said go head 3 times in a very short time.

Respected Contributor

Hi @Janey2 

It's a regional expression or pronunciation.  There are many pronunciations that I hear various hosts use that rub me the wrong way.  I try to not let it bother me.  To my ears, "go head" sounds okay, hehehe, from what I am accustomed to hearing around my area in the mid Atlantic.  I bet there are some things other hosts say that those listening don't even notice, depending on where they are from and what sounds normal to them.  I respect your opinion and have felt the same way, but not regarding Pat.  

Super Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

Hi @Janey2 

It's a regional expression or pronunciation.  There are many pronunciations that I hear various hosts use that rub me the wrong way.  I try to not let it bother me.  To my ears, "go head" sounds okay, hehehe, from what I am accustomed to hearing around my area in the mid Atlantic.  I bet there are some things other hosts say that those listening don't even notice, depending on where they are from and what sounds normal to them.  I respect your opinion and have felt the same way, but not regarding Pat.  

@Janey2  Pat is from my "neck of the woods" and I've never heard anyone say "go head".  Pat has worked at QVC for many, many years and she should no better than to repeat the same phrase over and over again.   

Trusted Contributor

I agree it's not important.

Regular Contributor

So not important.

Honored Contributor

@SamBrown wrote:

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

Hi @Janey2 

@Janey2  Pat is from my "neck of the woods" and I've never heard anyone say "go head".  Pat has worked at QVC for many, many years and she should no better than to repeat the same phrase over and over again.   

@SamBrown , know better.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I think it's important for anyone on tv to be able to use proper grammar.  I wish they would hold a host training class and refresh the hosts on what they should have learned in 3rd grade on such things as the use of "I" and "me" and other basic rules.

Respected Contributor

@Janey2 

The woman who constantly says "as well" isn't likely

to get "go ahead" into her vocab.  

I too am bugged by all things bad grammar...but

learned to watch the shows on mute...this way nothing bothers me about how anyone speaks. (and I still enjoy seeing how a garment fits on a body) win-win!

I must admit talking constantly for hours at a time on TV for all to sit home and judge is NOT a job I would enjoy, and perhaps not be any better at speaking correctly for all that time either.

Honored Contributor

Re: Not important, but…..

[ Edited ]

We all have words and sayings that we say that probably would sound ridiculous to most.  Live and let live.  Not a matter of life or death so obviously just some wanting to feel superior or  not liking certain hosts!!  Most people probably feel like the ridiculous corrective posts are way out of line !!  Definitely not something to run and post about!!!!!  Posts like this do not make those posting such nonsense look good!

Respected Contributor

Re: Not important, but…..

[ Edited ]

So totally not important, but go head and make it an issue.