Super Contributor

Ive asked before but nothing happens!  I like the look of leather, but they’re heavy and expensive.  Why cant QVC carry a leather-like bag, such as I find at TJMaxx, Ross etc all the time?  $40 is more reasonsble and means I can change bags occasionally.  Theres still profit to be made, probably more, because a $200-400 bag must have less buyers!!  Some people have said they switch to fabric, but I want the look of leather!  

I bought a leather-like bag at Ross a couple of months ago, and Ive never had so many compliments!  Ive seen the same bag in several TV movies too.  It looks expensive, classy and you’d never know its not leather.  

Respected Contributor

I do not understand your problem? If you find the bags at other stores why do you need QVC to carry that type of bag? Why must your bags be purchased at QVC?

Esteemed Contributor

Target, JC Penney and probably a gazillon places near you sell those handbags. Why do you feel QVC is the only place to shop? Frankly, I wouldn't waste my money on anything but leather for a handbag. We're all different in our choices.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

It's a suggestion.  QVC use to offer a variety of handbags, leather and non-leather: the Sak, Stone Mountain etc. at reasonable prices.  It is very rare to see a decent size handbag offered under $100. 

Honored Contributor

How the heck do you know there's profit for QVC in selling faux leather bags....LOL  If you know where to buy the bags you like, go there and buy them.  QVC doesn't have to sell everything you...any of us want.  QVC can't be all things to all people.  Also you might think something is expensive, it might be expensive to you but that doesn't mean every woman in the world thinks a $300 handbag is expensive.  It's a big world out there and shoppers have  range of incomes.  

Honored Contributor

QVC recently posted some plastic bags under "new today".  Have you searched recently?  They'll probably never be on the air.  They were nice looking.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I only use leather handbags.  But I use them a long time.  Brahmin offers lighter weight leather bags.  I am currently using one that I bought 5 years ago...so it averages out to just under $40 per year.  

Honored Contributor

@CABRIT wrote:

Ive asked before but nothing happens!  I like the look of leather, but they’re heavy and expensive.  Why cant QVC carry a leather-like bag, such as I find at TJMaxx, Ross etc all the time?  $40 is more reasonsble and means I can change bags occasionally.  Theres still profit to be made, probably more, because a $200-400 bag must have less buyers!!  Some people have said they switch to fabric, but I want the look of leather!  

I bought a leather-like bag at Ross a couple of months ago, and Ive never had so many compliments!  Ive seen the same bag in several TV movies too.  It looks expensive, classy and you’d never know its not leather.  

I as just checking and I’m seeing hundreds of non leather bags here. 

Honored Contributor

Faux leather bags are a dime a dozen in almost every department and box store.   And there are a lot on Q's website.  Check there or other sites or go shopping.

That said, I don't buy Dooney anymore.  I agree they are too heavy plus they all look alike.  

I'm really into Brahmin.  They are much lighter leather and come in a lot of colors, styles, and sizes.  And their crossbody straps are actually long enough.

My current Brahmin is 11 years old and cost $165...pretty cheap at $15 per year and it still looks like new.  

Esteemed Contributor

I always get a much better buy from other stores. QVC always charges more then other places. That has been my experience.