Honored Contributor

Free Returns would be the best thing shopping channels could do! They would sell even more Im sure.  I know it wont happen of course.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@CherryHugsYou're right.   Free returns would get people to order more -  the likelihood of that happening isn't as all clear and I'm not expecting more "free" returns.  Someone has to pay somehow!

It's super expensive for the companies and volume doesn't necessarily mean profit increases.  I don't know the volume increase needed to pay for "free"  -  just know it's bigger than most of us think it is.  Keep in mind that over half of Amazon's profit comes from its Prime fees -  not for selling anything at all!

Also, easy-breezy returns also mean more returns.  One cost of so many returns was discussed just last month on these boards -   seems that lots of our returns are ending up in landfills, so while it's not direct dollars we see, we're paying anyhow.

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs  That would just encourage impulse shoppers and those who routinely return a lot to not think before purchasing.   It would be great for those who rarely return anything but there also are those who find fault with just about everything.  I know many who after wearing something a few times decide to return it and do this all the time.  Then prices go up for everyone. Maybe everyone could get 2 or 3 free returns a year.  

Valued Contributor

Re: My Suggestion

[ Edited ]

@Pook wrote:

@CherryHugs  That would just encourage impulse shoppers and those who routinely return a lot to not think before purchasing.   It would be great for those who rarely return anything but there also are those who find fault with just about everything.  I know many who after wearing something a few times decide to return it and do this all the time.  Then prices go up for everyone. Maybe everyone could get 2 or 3 free returns a year.  

Yet there are retailers out there that do offer free returns.   Amazon  -- LL Bean -- Nordstrom -- Zappos -- ebags -- to name a few.

Honored Contributor

interesting discussion on this last week onCNBC . 

Trusted Contributor
@Pook, I really like your suggestion of free returns 2 or 3 times a year for everyone! That would still keep people mindful of over-returning items but would also show some flexibility on QVC's end. Good Customer Relations! I hope someone who has a large say at QVC sees your post!!!!!👍👍
Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Suggestion

[ Edited ]

There is no such thing as "free" shipping/returns.

It costs a company BIG $$$$ to absorb those costs and it is totally unrealistic to just expect a company to just eat those costs.

What it costs a company to offer "free" shipping/returns is passed on to the customer one way or another.

To think that it isn't, is just being naive.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

You'd be amazed at the super low prices charged by UPS, FedEx, and USPS when under contract with a large company. I managed an incoming and outgoing mail dept for a Fortune 500 company for a few years during my career.    Q could do the same if they tried.

Respected Contributor

@judy0330  Great thread!  I was just about to write your last line for offering a few "free" returns to all, thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Another reason to shop locally.... every time I think about ordering something from QVC, I also think how much it would cost me to return it if that was necessary.   Returns are too expensive for me, so I don't order.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt