Contributor

Re: Monifa on Monday night…

[ Edited ]

My opinion only, but Kirsten is a horrible host. I bet if you take that mirror away she might be better and please have her put a barrette or headband to keep those bangs out of her eyes. 

I like Monifa. She really tries and I believe in time she will succeed,

Honored Contributor

I agree with @Kachina624. I don't think she is going to last long unless she greatly improves & quickly.

I know hosting is a skill & I can promise y'all, I'd last one or two shows & QVC would show me the door...LOL!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@societylady wrote:

My opinion only, but Kirsten is a horrible host. I bet if you take that mirror away she might be better and please have her put a barrette or headband to keep those bangs out of her eyes. 

@societylady  - I like Kirsten and her hair is always styled nice.  I've never seen it hanging in her eyes.  Are you thinking of Shawn?

I also like Monifa and hope people will like her as she improves with each day.  She's very pleasant.

Honored Contributor

Interesting comments throughout this post!  I have seen Monifa a few times hosting and she seemed very basic in her presentation.  She sounded like someone who had all the usual selling points down pat when you just learn what should be stressed as a host.  Hopefully in time Monifa will add her own words and descriptions and will perk up her presentations.  I am not a fan of the hosts who monopolize, who interrupt and are rude, who act silly and not professional and there are quite a few.  Hopefully Monifa will improve her presentations and find her niche as a host .

Honored Contributor

@societylady wrote:

@societylady    Kirsten hosting skills certainly don't impress me.  She waltzed out this morning all ready to sell Kim's jeans and didn't have a clue as to which of the 3 blues were which name.  She should have been thoroughly embarrassed but is so arrogant it was just like, "oh well...". Remember when hosts were actually prepared to earn the thousands they collect?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@SurferWife You and me both.  I am in sales and I couldnt do that job.  I would be a total mess and my name would be blown up on these boards all the time! LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@societylady wrote:

@societylady    Kirsten hosting skills certainly don't impress me.  She waltzed out this morning all ready to sell Kim's jeans and didn't have a clue as to which of the 3 blues were which name.  She should have been thoroughly embarrassed but is so arrogant it was just like, "oh well...". Remember when hosts were actually prepared to earn the thousands they collect?

@Kachina624 -I saw that presentation this morning and couldn't believe she didn't know the individual colors.  If someone was trying to order a certain shade, they could easily order the wrong one the way it was presented.

Honored Contributor

@twinsister    How long and how much effort would it have taken her to review them before the show?  There were only 3 blues.  Pure laziness.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

Nothing about Kerstin impresses me. !  I too miss the good old days when we could learn about the item without the host/hosts making it all about them. 

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Monifca has a casual, breezy way about her that is very appealing but I think her hosting skills are awful.  She can't describe anything except in the most basic terms, i.e. pretty, cute, beautiful.  No useful information is given.

Limited vocabulary.

When she showed clothing on the rack, which were jammed together, she didn't touch them to separate the pieces.  She went through the colors and showed only about 3-4" of each item, just the edge.

When Gary and Sandra joined her they pointedly separated the items and pulled each piece out and held it up so the viewer got a good look at it.

I'm not sure Monifca is going to make it as a host even with the remedial help she's getting.

I think she is the one that started the Fashion's Nite In tonite with two of the experienced hosts. Whoever it was did not introduce herself and when she sold shoes she never gave details like showing the lining or saying what the heel height was. We need some information in order to buy.