Super Contributor

More of Monifa on prime time, please! I really enjoyed her!  She was great with Gary and the TSV. Sandra and Monifa work well together. Best Monday night in a long time.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Monifa on Monday night…

Heartagree!

Trusted Contributor

It's nice to have a change of pace and a diverse group of hosts. However, I am sure Monifa is very nice but she does not capture my attention long. I find her a little boring. I'm not against her changing to this time slot, if others are enjoying her. 

Honored Contributor

Monifca has a casual, breezy way about her that is very appealing but I think her hosting skills are awful.  She can't describe anything except in the most basic terms, i.e. pretty, cute, beautiful.  No useful information is given.

Limited vocabulary.

When she showed clothing on the rack, which were jammed together, she didn't touch them to separate the pieces.  She went through the colors and showed only about 3-4" of each item, just the edge.

When Gary and Sandra joined her they pointedly separated the items and pulled each piece out and held it up so the viewer got a good look at it.

I'm not sure Monifca is going to make it as a host even with the remedial help she's getting.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I think you hit the nail on the head @Kachina624 . Her style of minimal description, casual, laid back is why I find it uninteresting enough to watch and hold my attention. Again, she seems very sweet but just doesn't seem too interested in what she is demonstrating. 

Honored Contributor

She's 👍 great.  I hope to see her do more fashion shows.  I like that she doesn't yell at us, talk about herself incessantly, mug for the camera.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with many of the assessments:

Monifa is very pleasant,  but I found her to be lackluster and overly subdued when alone, guestless on Q2.

It seems that she really needs the energy of an on-set guest and/or a cohost.

With these additions on Q1, pairing with Jennifer and Sandra for example,  she is becoming a better host.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tend to agree with all the points above which is why I framed my post the way I did. I commented that she was great on prime time and partnered well with Sandra. Genuinely trying to keep comments positive and give well deserved credit for a job well done. I realize she's learning. All-in-all, it was such a nice change. 

Honored Contributor

I also enjoy Monifa but she should probably repeat one or two classes in the MBR School of Hosting.  Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

Out of curiosity,  what does Mary Beth have that Monifa lacks?

(Other than years and years of experience, of course.)