Respected Contributor

Monica's Gourmet Cookies suggestion

[ Edited ]

I have not bought Monica's Gourmet cookies because of the packaging.  All flavors mixed together in one bag.  The problem I see with this is the peanut butter not being separated from the others.  This could be a problem for those with allergies.

This could be solved with individual wrapping similar to Cheryl's cookies.

Many of the reviews are critical of the packaging.

Valued Contributor

Re: Monica's Gourmet Cookies suggestion

I wouldn't buy these cookies because I bake my own for gift giving. I absolutely agree with you about packaging. I don't think I have ever seen different varieties of cookies all in one bag. When I bake, I put each variety in it's own sealed container so the flavors and aromas don't intermingle and affect the taste of the individual cookie. In my opinion "yuck" and a terrible way to reduce packaging costs.

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Trusted Contributor

I'm going to present a flip-side to the packaging issue.  My mother-in-law is 90, and has dexterity issues.  Opening each individual Cheryl's cookies was difficult for her, so she gave them all away!  She lives in an assisted living apartment, and said, "You can't ask an aide to open cookies!"

Valued Contributor

I totally agree with the packaging issue.  Another issue is that they don't take into consideration where they are shipping to and the weather conditions.  You don't ship chocolate products in the heat unless you package them properly.  Imagine what my recent shipment looked like when it arrived on a 90+ degree day (chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter with chocolate).  It was just one big chocolate mess

Honored Contributor

@mac116 wrote:

I'm going to present a flip-side to the packaging issue.  My mother-in-law is 90, and has dexterity issues.  Opening each individual Cheryl's cookies was difficult for her, so she gave them all away!  She lives in an assisted living apartment, and said, "You can't ask an aide to open cookies!"

I understand she might not want to ask, but she could easily have a pair of scissors around for such tasks, even if they were required to be blunt - or nail scissors. I would think there might be quite a few products where that might be necessary. Just cut the package open.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

I tried these cookies for the first time and loved them. I had no problem with the packaging or one cookie tasting like another.  I put each flavor of cookie in separate zip lock bags after receiving them.   If you've never had them, I wouldn't let the negative reviews stop you from trying, they really are delicious.

Frequent Contributor

Actually putting these cookies in separate packages, doesn't solve the issues for people with peanut allergies. All of the cookies are probably processed on the same equipment, therefore cross-contaminating the other non peanut cookies. People with peanut, tree nut, or other food sensitivities will know this as err on the side of caution before ordering.