QVC Customer Care
Honored Contributor

What did Kim say about loins? Is she selling loincloths now? 😂

Honored Contributor

Languages are very fluid and change constantantly, especially now that is it so common to hear the spoken word from so many locations.  

Dost thou agree?  If you want a real puzzle, look up how to use thee and thine and thou and be glad it changes.  

Valued Contributor

Speaking of misused words, saying a food is "healthy" drives me nuts. It is "healthful", not "healthy".

Honored Contributor

Since I've heard many people in the fashion industry use the word fabrication, I would never assume all of them must be using the word wrong.  

It's a fashion industry term. 

Fabrication

DEFINITION

The selection of fabrics for the style or line of garments. The same style is frequently produced in more than one fabric.                                

Fabrication process flowchart

So it's possible that Kim, like many others, are not just focusing on the fabric itself, but it's a culmination of the kind of fabric, the pattern, stitching, and everything else that went into the garment that customers only see as the final product.  

Contributor

When she say you will love the fabrication, it isn't something we can love because we never see the process.  We see the product -or- fabric.

It's like saying you will love the fabrication of the car.  I want you to love the car.

Honored Contributor

The analogy of the car is not the same thing about the fabric/fabrication.

I'm not defending the use of the term, I'm not in the fashion industry to care about it one way or the other.  I'm just saying it's an industry standard term.  When they focus on the fabric in presentations, they are also focusing on what they know went into choosing the final fabric/design (loose knit, tight knit, weave, woven, jacquard, etc.). 

I would wager that the first time the word "catwalk" was used for runway modeling was cause for similar distress among some.  

Respected Contributor

@rms1954  When I read your post I thought of "hiney" which she frequently uses. The toilet paper bears come to mind. She is often too brash and loud for my tastes. When she first started pretty  bold. 

Honored Contributor

I grew up with a dad who had 2 PhDs, one in English/Literature. 

He often said it was wrong to act as word police.

• Not everyone has the same education, capabilities, etc.
  • Some terms could be used within a particular industry.
  • Words and definitions change all the time. 
  • It's annoying.
  • It's unkind.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  Making up words and then repeating them enough so they become part of the vernacular unfortunately seems to be the trend.