Occasional Contributor

Good Morning,

Today is 21 March 2020.  I am watching Saturday Morning Q with Kerstin and Alberti.  I would like to make a suggestion.  Before your hosts go on air, do a 'television' check.  Both of them have too much highlighter above their eyes and it looks like their makeup wasn't finished.  Kerstin's is especially bad and it draws your attention, and not in a good way.

Honored Contributor

I see no highlighter on Kerstin and they just came in on a close-up while she is presenting lipstick.  Didn't notice Alberti -- his pants were so tight while trying to do the Cubi.

Honored Contributor

I think different TV's show people differently.  I've seen this exaggerated highlighter problem on news journalists who have professional makeup artists working on them.  None of those people would go out looking like that if they realized it.  

Trusted Contributor

@Navigator9591  Yes, sadly people go overboard with highlighter. Most people don't know how to use it.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

they look fine to me.

Frequent Contributor

What gets me is why some hosts and guests put on so much dark eye makeup.  It looks like they have two black holes instead of eyes.  You can't even see their eyes.

Valued Contributor

I often see this in terms of blush and too heavy false eye lashes.

Occasional Contributor

Today is another example of where Kerstin has too much highlighter above her brow.  My husband even looked at the live stream on his computer and could see it.  I get that they are doing their own makeup and may not be aware.  Even when she is far away from the camera, it is visible.

As far as televisions go, yes there can be differences.  

I do agree that sometimes hosts apply too much eye makeup.  I have to think it is because without it, you wouldn't be able to see their eyes but with high definition cameras and televisions, I wouldn't think that would be an issue.