Respected Contributor

Makeup and Models

[ Edited ]

I'm sure this has been suggested before but, too bad, I'm going to suggest it again.

To QVC:  If you are going to sell makeup items such as firming serum or primer, or anything that would benefit a more mature woman's skin, and that is your selling point.....then for heavens' sake, please demonstrate these products on a mature model.  I am not going to care what firming serum or primer, or "wrinkle-reducing" foundation does for a 25 or 30-year-old face.  If you can show me what these products can do on age-appropriate models, I might be more inclined to buy the product.  Please...use some common sense.

Honored Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

I'm sure this has been suggested before but, too bad, I'm going to suggest it again.

To QVC:  If you are going to sell makeup items such as firming serum or primer, or anything that would benefit a more mature woman's skin, and that is your selling point.....then for heavens' sake, please demonstrate these products on a mature model.  I am not going to care what firming serum or primer, or "wrinkle-reducing" foundation does for a 25 or 30-year-old face.  If you can show me what these products can do on age-appropriate models, I might be more inclined to buy the product.  Please...use some common sense.

I totally agree and would like to add that it doesn't help us decide when the model already has on a full face of makeup and all the vendor is doing is a slight "dabbing" here and there.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Well, there's a possibility the products only work on the young 'uns............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Well, there's a possibility the products only work on the young 'uns............

*******************************You go girl!

Super Contributor

They may just work on the young ones, or maybe not at all. Honestly, I have to really study those 'before and after' photos to see any difference It is not very noticeable, in my book.

Trusted Contributor

In case you didn't know how old drop dead gorgeous Helen is, she's 70 years young.

Maybe it would help if the model's actual or approximate age was mentioned.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️