Trusted Contributor

I am somewhat surprised by the music played while on hold for customer service or for a sales representative.   For the past months, it has been excessively loud. I mean really loud! I have to lay my phone down because it is so loud. If it's a really popular song, it can be even louder. I love music as I am a dancer, but even I can't tolerate how loud it is while having to wait 5 minutes or more for a representative. I'm perplexed that  QVC doesn't change it to a tolerable level. Surely I can't be the only one with this problem. I'd appreciate it if this message could be passed on. Thank you.

Trusted Contributor

Re: MUSIC PLAYED WHILE ON HOLD

The “music” doesn’t even sound like music on my old phone, just a bunch of discordant notes.  It’s awful.  

Esteemed Contributor

It is horrible!!!!!!! Really torture. It is as if we are being punished for calling customer service.

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361  - Maybe they're hoping the caller hangs up.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I called my medical plan to cancel and it was the same think..excessively loud music constantly interupted by their canned spiel anout how I could use their website.It took five people that I waited on hold for to finally get the person who could help.I felt tortured listening to all of the noice for a half hour.I think I will need hearing aids if have to make many of these calls.

Honored Contributor

I have never know any company to have tolerable on hold "music".

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I haven't called QVC lately, but I really dislike all the music we have to hear while waiting just about all places we call.  I also dislike when they say you can go online instead of waiting.   When you do get a real person, many are hard to understand and most are not trained in good phone manners.