Honored Contributor

There seems to be posts giving personal opinions that are "jumped on" by others. It goes on forever. Sometimes the subject is brought up and rehashed days later and it starts all over again. Personal insults, directions how to properly post given in a condescending way & back-biting comments do not belong here. I've been told these forums are not a safe place & I shouldn't expect it to be. If I can't safely and freely express my opinions about a product (as long as the Q doesn't find it offensive & delete the subject), then what is the purpose of forums divided into BEAUTY, FASHION, JEWELRY? I assume we are free to comment on items we've purchased or like/ dislike. Unless monitored more closely, some people feel that bashing other posters is a sport. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC inappropriate

Honored Contributor

If I had 3 wishes, the first would be for an Ignore function.

And my first use of it would be for the snarky comment under  your post.

People should learn they don't have to respond to EVERYTHING that doesn't suit them.

@Shanus wrote:

There seems to be posts giving personal opinions that are "jumped on" by others. It goes on forever. Sometimes the subject is brought up and rehashed days later and it starts all over again. Personal insults, directions how to properly post given in a condescending way & back-biting comments do not belong here. I've been told these forums are not a safe place & I shouldn't expect it to be. If I can't safely and freely express my opinions about a product (as long as the Q doesn't find it offensive & delete the subject), then what is the purpose of forums divided into BEAUTY, FASHION, JEWELRY? I assume we are free to comment on items we've purchased or like/ dislike. Unless monitored more closely, some people feel that bashing other posters is a sport. 

Honored Contributor

You need a thick skin to be on these forums.  You may not like my response either as I tend to be pretty blunt.  We're adults.  If someone posts something you don't like or agree with, ignore it and move on.  You can't control posters but you can control your reaction.  Letting  anonymous posters get to you is on you.  Let it go and move on.    

Valued Contributor

I think the mods. do a great job , sometimes you have to report post if it is offensive, but they immediately  have always removed it quickly. I was shocked on my thread about losing my 21 year old niece suddenly  when a poster that is  ignorent to  peopless feelings , proceeded to ask where did this happen, i cant believe in todays day and age... etc. There are posters we all now by nics that always  have  something to say to offend..

This is not about opinions from some but by indifference for others. Maryanne
Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

You need a thick skin to be on these forums.  You may not like my response either as I tend to be pretty blunt.  We're adults.  If someone posts something you don't like or agree with, ignore it and move on.  You can't control posters but you can control your reaction.  Letting  anonymous posters get to you is on you.  Let it go and move on.    

On every forum actually.  There has been bad behavior and trolls.   Even heavily moderated forums.   Trolls tend to know when mods aren't around and that's when they spam the boards.   I report posts that I think are bad.  Sometimes they get removed and sometimes they don't.  They do however eventually get lock.

This has been going on since the Internet chats started and will not stop regardless of what the mods do. Report and the mods will make a judgement call.

And you just can't ban IP's like everyone thinks.  They are not individually owned in many cases.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*