Honored Contributor

@coco14 wrote:

@CalminHeart 

Sorry but harping on the hosts, models and vendors is not feedback - it is plain nasty and unnecessary - 

That's what I said when I wrote, The personal digs are totally unnecessary. Comments about the company and products should be ok.

Respected Contributor

@coco14 wrote:

@CalminHeart 

Sorry but harping on the hosts, models and vendors is not feedback - it is plain nasty and unnecessary - 

I disagree. Some of the observations might be harshly worded but QVC needs feedback so they'll make corrections where they're needed. 

Honored Contributor

On a lighter note, I was happy to see former Q model 'Colleen' on one of the self-tanning segments.  A few days ago.

Very beautiful, cheerful as usual.

I'm wondering how former Q model Corrine/ Kerin (?) is doing.  She used to model beautiful replicas presented by Phillip.  (I forgot his last name.)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).

I feel like certain models never go home......they are always on.....Jackie,Deanna, Rebecca.....do they sleep at QVC?

Esteemed Contributor

Well, how rude of you, @LOVEMYFURBABY. If its such a problem for you, don't watch. 

I find the models all attractive. So there is that!

Trusted Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

@coco14 wrote:

@CalminHeart 

I disagree. Some of the observations might be harshly worded but QVC needs feedback so they'll make corrections where they're needed. 

------ 

QVC, is a huge international corporation. I have no doubt, they hire a large staff of trained professionals, who understand QVC's criteria, for performance, from their hosts, models, vendors. If QVC feels, a host or model, is not performing, as expected, that a vendor, isn't working out, they won't be around long. 

When viewers "advise", QVC, how they should improve, what hosts should go, etc, which comments should they address? For every viewer who can't stand host x, you can bet, there are at least as many who like that host! 

Of course, everyone is free to express their opinions. I think we all know, though, the difference between, constructive, and mean and nasty. 

Frequent Contributor

I love my pale skin. Maybe the models do, too. Or maybe they just don't want to put chemicals on a large portion of their body.

Contributor

I don't agree. I find tanning products ridiculous and unatural. Why should a woman with beautiful pale skin be tan? It is always fake looking, regardless of the product. The actual color of a person's skin is beautiful. I'm not against makeup here, but on the face and there too, a natural, classy look, unless you're on the runway or going to a halloween party. Joking a little there. 

Americans are quite silly about a lot of things that Europeans are not.  French or Italian women are much more natural and stylish than Americans and frankly more sexy and classy. I could go on about this, but hope not to offend here. Europeans see fashion as a way of being, not a foreign thing to put on, to change themselves. The great fashion centers are Paris and Milan, afterall. 

In the U.S. when a woman wears linen for example, there is a notion that it is an awful thing for the linen to be filled with wrinkles. European women adore natural fabrics like linen and understand that part of the beauty of linen is it's wrinkling. They would never attempt to press the wrinkles out, hoping that they can go out staying perfect. Imperfections are part of a human being and it gives uniqueness, character.  There are many differences of the European woman compared to the American woman that I think  can only be fully appreciated after living abroad for some time. Frequently, when Americans go to Europe, they stick out like sore thumbs from this more superficial, what's "in" idea of fashion. 

I watch many models on the Q and can see how they don't understand a scarf for example. They are puzzled at how to tie a scarf, how to throw it around their neck or hsoulder, or a clever way of tying it. I'm talking rapid here. Nearly every European woman and the majority of men wear scarves. 

I realize my comments strayed far from the original statement, but it awakened my thoughts on this subject. 

Respected Contributor

@bunnygirlbrem wrote:

I love my pale skin. Maybe the models do, too. Or maybe they just don't want to put chemicals on a large portion of their body.

I think more people should embrace their pale complexions. I too am very fair and find any self-tanner looks fake on me. I do occasionally use the Westmore body perfector as it gives some color when I want it w/o the hassle of applying tanner & waiting hours to develop. Some women are obsessed with being tan. I know a few women in my town who seem addicted as they go lay in those tanning beds all year long and end up so unnaturally dark but they keep going. Am thinking how tan does one need to be?