Respected Contributor

Re: MIDI dresses

[ Edited ]

I love dresses all summer, from all brands...LOFT, Banana Republic and others. I like above the knee to maxi. They're just comfortable, pretty, one piece dressing, easy and cool.

I have two I just got from D&C this spring that I love. Received one (Gingham blk/wht elastic bodice midi, A633722), right as I was walking out the door for a Florida vacation last month. I stuck it my suitcase and practically lived in the dress. Cute, comfortable, cool...dressed up or casually. Not for everyone, as I know women don't always like tiered, but this wasn't poofy, or overdone, fell nicely.

I got another D&C style I haven't worn yet, A8653185, an empire waist, navy denim looking knit, with thinner straps, & pockets...I can see myself wearing this a lot this summer. 

I'm only 5.1.5" and both fit me as midis. I love that they offer petites! I've been happy, so far with D&C dresses. Not every style is my thing but there's some good sundresses for me.

Trusted Contributor
Amyb I have two of the elastic bodice midi dresses and love them!! The second one I got "as is" And it's in perfect condition. The dress is also on sale now so I'm going to pick up a third. Love everything about it especially the fact that it's not too puffy with a lot of extra fabric. Super comfortable and cute!
Honored Contributor

I actually prefer maxi dresses.  

Valued Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I actually prefer maxi dresses.  

I like all dresses and I also prefer maxi, I sometimes can buy a regular midi and it will be a maxi on me.

Super Contributor
I love the ease of midi dresses and maxi’s.
One and done.
They keep you cool and you always look pulled together, like you spent a long time getting ready when in actuality the opposite is true.
Valued Contributor

I love Midi's, because I wear dresses to Church, and they're the perfect, "modest" length for me. Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

LOL @Kachina624 I don't wear the midi length dresses since on me they are maxi's except the fit is not correct for my short self.

I do like dresses in the summer.  I wear skorts plus maxi dresses because unless I'm doing yard work (when I need protection against tall grass, BUGS (daggone tick) etc., I find they are cooler to wear for casual things, although since I bought a Toyota truck, I admit that climbing up into the beast in a long dress can pose a challenge.