Contributor

I would love to see luminara add more rechargeable pillar candles

I own one of the tea light sets they made that's rechargeable 

so much nicer not to waste batteries

Trusted Contributor

@Luvstobake That would be nice to have options. However, my house is full of these lights all year long so if I had to recharge I would be constantly moving and charging lights. I would like to see more plug in types though.

Honored Contributor

I have quite a few Luminara candles on auto timers.  They come on every night like clockwork when it gets dark and are on until about midnight.

The batteries last well over a year.  

I am not into rechargeable batteries for items that use little power. They're expensive and don't make sense.

Rechargeables  are great for items that draw a lot of power  and would need new batteries all of the time, but not items that can use the same battery for a long time....like candles, a watch or clock.

Esteemed Contributor

Could you just buy rechargeable yourself?  They would fit.  

I would think the price point might preclude their sale on the Q.

Esteemed Contributor

Would like to see more rechargeable items  from many companies

Esteemed Contributor

@Luvstobake  I like the idea of rechargeable, but the charges don't last very long. My battery operated Luminara last for at least several months. Don't know when they will invent a rechargeable that lasts several months.

Trusted Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Could you just buy rechargeable yourself?  They would fit.  

I would think the price point might preclude their sale on the Q.

How about rechargeable batteries?   

Contributor

I had a house full of Luminara candles and all of the timers stopped working.  I finally stopped buying them!

Esteemed Contributor

@Auntiebean1 I've experienced this as well. No reason for it that I can see. The candles haven't moved except for me to change the batteries but poof, all of a sudden, the very expensive candles won't work.

I've had it with several of them over the past couple of years. My old Candle Impression candles are still working over 10 years since I purchased them. 

Respected Contributor

@Auntiebean1 wrote:

I had a house full of Luminara candles and all of the timers stopped working.  I finally stopped buying them!

That is too bad. I have over 80 luminaras and they are all pretty old and have lost one and it just stopped working over the years.