Super Contributor

Thank you QVC and Lug.  

Just bought 2 sets. So glad these came back quickly

Respected Contributor

These are even better as you get 3 different colors.  I bought the set they showed today on the Lug website; same price but $5.00 shipping.

Respected Contributor

I actually cancelled my original order than sold out fast, and ordered the set offered today with 3 different patterns.

Honored Contributor

I don't know if they had any cotton masks but the one still available is 100% polyester.  

I found nice 100% cotton, 2 & 3 layered, masks at Zazzle and Etsy.  The ones I got at Amazon are sold out now. I always carry extra because I give them to people who haven't been able to get one.  I stick with cotton since, to me, polyester is like wearing a plastic bag in the summer.

Honored Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

We have two scientists in our family.  They both believe the non-medical grade masks are pretty useless.  They are good for reminding you not to touch your face, but that is about all the good it does.  They say it gives false sense of safety.  Just their opinion of course!

I agree!  IMO they are being recommended to give people a feeling that they're doing something to keep themselves safe.  I only wear one when I enter a store that requires it.  Otherwise, I just keep my distance.

Frequent Contributor

Face masks are to protect OTHERS from YOU, not to protect you from others.

They help keep your breath/cough/shout/sneeze from traveling as far. When combined with social distancing, they help protect others from the stuff escaping you.

I'm really surprised people don't know this by now.

Honored Contributor
I can't see how they don't benefit the wearer and have to be doing at least some good. If the virus can be spread by droplets from infected people in the air from a cough or sneeze or singing
(the problem in churches) if you are wearing a decent mask with enough layers and a filter I would think that would keep you from breathing in those droplets or getting them in your mouth or eyes. It seems wearing a mask has to be better than not wearing one and protect the wearer as well as others.
Trusted Contributor
@Pearlee, ITA!!! Common sense would dictate that masks are protecting the person who is wearing them and the people who are near them.