Pls bring back the technique line.  It is excellent; especially the 3qt saute skillet.

Respected Contributor

Re: Looking for new Cookware

I am waiting for the bell shaped stainless sets to return. Mine are old and need to be replaced. the non stick is coming off. I prefer the belly shape to straight sides.

Trusted Contributor

Technique is no longer manufactured and will not be brought bak.

It began as a subcategory of Cooks Essentials and was marketed as a higher-end option represented by Meredith Lawrence.  A few years ago, though, this line and the Prepology line (represente by Eric Thiess) were incorporated into Cooks Essentials (then representedby Bob Warden) with Lawrence taking over the representation of the entire line.

If you are really wanted to get good cookware, I highly recommend All-Cld.  It is a premium price, but it will last forever, and it is the best on the market.

Respected Contributor

Went to look at all clad today at WS. I really want rounded shapes rather than straight sides. I have a set of Revere ware that is about forty years old and still going strong. What I want is stainless with the teflon interior for certain recipes.

Occasional Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

Technique is no longer manufactured and will not be brought bak.

It began as a subcategory of Cooks Essentials and was marketed as a higher-end option represented by Meredith Lawrence.  A few years ago, though, this line and the Prepology line (represente by Eric Thiess) were incorporated into Cooks Essentials (then representedby Bob Warden) with Lawrence taking over the representation of the entire line.

If you are really wanted to get good cookware, I highly recommend All-Cld.  It is a premium price, but it will last forever, and it is the best on the market.

If Technique was a higher-end Cooks Essential, that makes me wonder how good CE is.  I just got a credit on a 12pc set of Technique under the life time warranty and was about to look into CE for a replacment but if it's all about the same, why bother?  Can you say the CE is better than Technique?

Honored Contributor

I have 2 sauce pots from Anolon Advanced line and it's the best cookware I ever tried. I know it would be pricey, but I wish the Q would do a set of it as a TSV.

Honored Contributor

The original Technique Hard Anodized II was the best quality QVC has ever sold.  It rivaled any of the national brands.  Too bad they first lightened up the quality and then let the line go.  

I have quite a few pieces of the HA II and they still are like new, after quite a few years.

I think the biggest thing here is that the lower priced lines sell better for this particular venue.  A lot of the time now they are selling the cheap hardcoat enamel (or porcelain enamel - whatever the name du jour is) over aluminum.   While that is probably the lowest end cookware you can get (aluminum isn't a good choice unless it is a good quality hard anodized), it seems to always sell because of the lower pricepoint.

My only advice here, not knowing what will suit the OP, iss to purchase individual pieces, in lieu of a 'set'.   For one thing, you can get the pieces that YOU are most likely to use; and secondly, I truly believe that, with most manufacturers, there is often lesser quality with pieces sold in sets.   That wouldn't apply to a premium manufacturer like AllClad, however.