Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Please remove long standing posts, or at least come up with a way we can block them from view.  I am SO sick of seeing the "Hey I'm talking here","Facial flex", and "Friend's daughter is missing" threads.  And yes I know you an scroll past them.  But as soon as I go to the beauty forum and see one of these threads, my first reaction is to leave the forum completely.  I know I am not the only person that is bothered by this.  I am SO sick of this!

Esteemed Contributor

@go2sleep

Your profile says you registered in June of 2015, and only have 1 post.  How sick of these posts can you possibly be?

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

I love seeing long-standing posts: it can be great being part of such a group!

Honored Contributor

LOL.  Yes, the facial flex post is a blast from the past every time it comes up.  Not that it's a bad thing, in my opinion anyway.  It just surprises me that peple still have them.

Honored Contributor

This would require IT resources.  As with any big business, system changes and updates are endless and they must be prioritized. Having been involved in prioritizing system updates for 20 years, this one seems pretty low on the priority list since it doesn't hurt customers and doesn't impact the bottom line.   I don't blame Q for not making this system change.   It might be something to be rolled into future forum system changes depending on cost vs. benefit.

Honored Contributor

I think those threads are still active.

Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@go2sleep

Your profile says you registered in June of 2015, and only have 1 post.  How sick of these posts can you possibly be?

can be reading but just posting

Respected Contributor

Re: Long standing posts

[ Edited ]

All I know is I was so glad that after they did the big change on the community board, I didn't have to see the word "Pancake" again..........

Occasional Contributor

I've looked at the beauty board for years before registering, much less posting.  One has nothing to do with the other. 

Respected Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

I love seeing long-standing posts: it can be great being part of such a group

I agree with this!  Some of the conversations and friendships cultivated through these posts provide comfort to those who read and/or participate.  Life is so short and precious.  So many other things to place on our minds than to worry how long posts stay on a board.Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!