Honored Contributor

I agree that it is a matter of opinion whether you like sleeves scrunched or not.

One thing I have noticed several times, is that some of these models are SO tall with SUCH long arms....that a long sleeve garment doesn't fit them properly.

Long sleeves on an XXS don't seem to be long enought for these extremely tall models.

I have noticed when the sleeves have fallen down on some gals (Kate)...they don't even come to their wrists.

I think the stylists have to scrunch sometimes so we supposedly don't 'see' that the fit is wrong on the models.  Good try, but I have caught it many times.

Some of the long sleeve items look like 3/4 sleeves on these girls!

Now maybe, just maybe, if they had more models of average height......

Honored Contributor

I love long sleeves, hate the look of 3/4 length. Looks choppy and unfinished, nothing classy about  it IMO.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Long Sleeves

[ Edited ]

I hate long sleeves, I always have!

For one thing(don't laugh now) our family, seems, to have genetically, shorter than average arms.  I'm not talking about a disability, but sleeves are always too long and badly need scrunching up. 

Even in the coldest weather, I love short sleeves💚

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

I would dearly love to see one of our "designers". do a long big shirt with French cuffs.  I just love them; they look so classy.  I like to see them on men too.

@Kachina624

Check out Item A268129, a long (big?) shirt with the French cuffs, by Louis Dell'Olio Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

I agree that it is a matter of opinion whether you like sleeves scrunched or not.

One thing I have noticed several times, is that some of these models are SO tall with SUCH long arms....that a long sleeve garment doesn't fit them properly.

Long sleeves on an XXS don't seem to be long enought for these extremely tall models.

I have noticed when the sleeves have fallen down on some gals (Kate)...they don't even come to their wrists.

I think the stylists have to scrunch sometimes so we supposedly don't 'see' that the fit is wrong on the models.  Good try, but I have caught it many times.

Some of the long sleeve items look like 3/4 sleeves on these girls!

Now maybe, just maybe, if they had more models of average height......

@RespectLife

I think that these garments might look fine on "regular" women, but some models limbs are very long and make the clothing look strange.  The only choice is to scrunch up the sleeves.

Honored Contributor

It helps prevent people from returning things because the sleeves are too long or too short.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never intended to say it looks bad on anyone; and, it's a matter of preference on how to wear an item.  I would just like to see the models wear the garments as they are designed so I can see just where the sleeves wil fall.  Maybe, as others have suggested, the problem is the models are too tall for the off-the-shelf clothing lines.  Top designers, when designing for their runway shows, have their clothes specifically sized for very tall models.  And, tall people (wish I were one) obviously have larger shoulders and sleeves  will almost always be too short on them unless they size up to accommodate their shoulder width.  However, it seems all the models want to say they wear an XXS, when, in fact, XXS's many times looks as if they're wearing their younger sister's clothing.

QVC should have more regular height models - afterall, they are not selling expensive clothing lines.  Even the top designers (Basso, Del Olio, etc.) have a 'special' line for the Q.

Also, D&Co and Joan Rivers blouses are always too short in the sleeves and I'm only 5'5" tall; so, these items would definitely look very short on the very tall models.

Contributor

Many times, the problem is the models and some of the hosts always wear too small a size. Taller women, just like taller men, obviously have broader shoulders and might have to size up in non-designer styles.

Respected Contributor

When the hosts provide realistic fit details (if you are curvy size up, or this fit in the shoulder will allow layering) it gives me a much better idea of whether I am taking a $10 gamble on buying a garment that may not fit. Carolyn Gracie is especially appreciated because she does more than provide colors and fawn over the vendor. I wish their long sleeves were a bit longer too, but they cut for the "average" arm length, and I am just a bit off norm I guess. 

I used to buy mostly 3/4 length tops but find they are often either too hot or not warm enough. So now I buy short or elbow sleeve or the long sleeve and scrunch them up if needed. I do like elbow length for my longer arm; a better proportion than 3/4 and nice for bracelets.

Frequent Contributor

@Gaby008 wrote:

I would like to see some of the models and hosts wear long sleeves as they are designed.  If long, wear them long.  To see them all scrunched up doesn't give me an accurate picture of where the sleeves will fall.  Also, scrunching sleeves on sweaters, jackets and coats isn't a good look.  

It's a good look on some people. But I agree it would be nice to show the garments with the long sleeves down full length.

I'm tired of the 3/4 sleeves but I think it's a cost saving decision by the manufactures.