Occasional Contributor

I discovered QVC during the television writer's strike. Was that 2007? Since then most of the time I have it on in the background almost constantly. I love the products, love that it is live, love getting to know the hosts, love the fun and enjoy it all. Never have I wanted to turn the channel until this past week or so. Yes, I know this is trivial but it is irritating. Every host is suddenly using the word "literally" in every other sentence. I had to turn it off. I thought I would tell you, as others may have the same thought. Thank you.

Respected Contributor

"Let them eat cake"

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@Marie Antoinette    I wouldn't mind the use of the word if they'd just use it correctly.  I seriously doubt handbags or lipsticks are "literally" flying out the door.  These items typically don't have wings.  They need to try substituting the word "actually" and see if it makes sense.  They could say "virtually".

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I agree.  They use it (incorrectly) way too much.

It seems that they, like most other companies, would have routine meetings with the hosts and that would provide the perfect opportunity to address some "complaints" from the viewers.  I guess they think it's better to ignore it all.

Esteemed Contributor

@Marie Antoinette  This literally isn't the first time this subject has literally been broached. You will find many of us are bothered by this term and the misuse thereof. I've finally given up with ranting and raving. You may change the channel, but you will not get rid of the problem.  On the other hand, you could make it a drinking game Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom    The beauty of it is that our remotes have a "mute" button.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Most of the hosts have repetitive wordings they use and it does get annoying esp if you watch it a lot.  They could all use a refresh of their presentations.  

Respected Contributor

literally.jpg

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Respected Contributor

It's nothing new. I've been watching since Q began in the '80s and hosts have been overusing that word since then.

Valued Contributor