New Contributor
Is there anyway that just because a waist size gets larger that the calf circumference doesn’t? I wear a size 14 and the legs in all designers get wider. I have thinner, average size legs and all pants are too wide. Very frustrating!
Honored Contributor

Years ago when I was having pants altered the seamstress told me the waist of the pants determines the width of the lower leg....I can see how it can be frustrating.  If it bothers you a lot you can have the pant legs altered.

Respected Contributor

Circumference? Circumstance? I think we are talking about circumference..right?

Honored Contributor

You have not seen skinny lower legs until you have seen my aunt, even her doctor mentioned it. Anyway, she has never complained about the legs in pants being too wide at the bottom for her.

Trusted Contributor

Everyone gains her weight differently.

Rarely is the gain distributed evenly throughout the body.

Honored Contributor

Your legs are "the last to go"................(!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Look for some "skinny" pants.  There pants available for every size and shape of leg imaginable.   In this age of elastic waistbands, the waist has nothing to do with leg circumference.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Re: Leg circumstances

[ Edited ]

I am an apple with the same legs I had years ago. I know that straight leg pants will be wider on me so purchase them for my wide leg pants. Many skinny leg pants are not skinny for me but more like regular slim legs. And jeggings made of stretchy material are my skinny leg jeans. It works just fine. On the Q I read the “click here”measurements for all garments and know what leg widths work best. I also buy 1x or large in many pants because the 1x is often narrower in the leg than the xl.  

Respected Contributor

I have the same problem with the legs always being too wide. I'm very thin. My waist became larger after having three children and then with middle age, but your legs get thinner as you age due to muscle breakdown. Do we have to have specially designed pants for seniors?? I don't want to have to pay for alteration of pants. Actually, I just buy straight leg pants. They look the best on me.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli